Princess's second heart surgery will be approximately 6 months from now and learned yesterday it will require a 2-3 week hospital stay if she if breathing well. The surgery will have to be done in Katrina town since that's the only place with the surgeons avaialble. I knew it couldn't be done in the crap town we live in, but I was hoping it could be down in the city near where my parents lived. I'm gonna check around anyway, because they may be lying.
No decision about the g-tube yet. At this point I say let's do it and get her home. I just pray she won't have to be on the ventilator again. The hospital staff is impressed we already know how to g-tube feed a baby.
They haven't tried bottle feeding Princess yet because she is still breathing 60-70 times a minute compared to a normal rate of 40 times a minute. Her cardiologist says when she gets to around 60 or less, they can try bottle feeding again.
I am getting worried that Princess' release and Smiley's surgery will fall on the same weekend, especially since the hospital wants me to room in with Princess a night before we can take her home.
I did not get much rest on vacation and we did not take a vacation.
Back to work on Monday...no, I did not miss it, not one second! I loved being home with my baby, even though he was cranky and teething.