5 little ones
Twins are work, but also not as bad as I thought. It's manageable, but routine is key and I will fight anyone who wants to disturb it. Some things I've learned about twins:
1. They have learned that they don't have to both cry to get mommy's attention so they take shifts.
2. Never wake a sleeping baby...unless you have twins. When one wakes for a bottle, you wake the other and feed them both or you will be getting 30 minute stretches of sleep instead of 2-3 hours.
3. They attract a lot of attention. It's fun to count how many times I hear, "you have your hands full" or "double trouble" in one outing. I smile about it now, but I have a feeling it will get annoying soon.
4. Identical twins=identical health issues(sometimes). Both boys have almost the same heart/kidney issues. Both are mild and they are expected to grow out of them, but are being monitored for now.
5. Figuring out what to eat and finding time to grocery shop is next to impossible!
I look at my boys and smile at God's sense of humor. Who would have thought I'd not only be blesed with one pregnancy, but two, and the second being twins! Amazing! God is good.
I do have to say I desperately need about an hour away from the house of "me" time. L has been doing some side work and it's been leaving me at the house alone with the kids until past bedtime around 8pm and I'm exhausted.
More to come later. Alex is pissed off about something. Will try to return with new pictures soon.