1. J's adoption was finalized on 11/8/10, and his name is now Jonathan Joseph.
2. Smiley's little brother came into foster care. Biological family asked us to take him until grandma could get approved to have him.
3. E, Smiley's little brother, had an accident(and I really can't say more), that resulted in us being investigated. Very stressful, but we're getting through it and everything should be fine as we hired a good attorney because I will NOT put my other children at risk. Thankfully, we have a good relationship with Smiley and E's biological family that they are taking our side.
4. We officially closed our foster home. E was going to be the last anyway and I cannot take the stress anymore. We have 4 legal children now and will not have anymore through adoption from foster care.
5. We are TTC # 2. I don't expect to be sucessful and we will not pursue fertility treatments(though I haven't ruled out clomid). I loved being pregnant and as much as I tried to convince myself otherwise, pregnancy was an experience I really would have missed out on if we only adopted. I enjoyed the experience, and it was such a blessing that I'd love if it were in God's plan to bless us with another pregnancy. It took 6 years the first time, so when/if I get pregnant again, K will be moved out and the others will be older.
Well for now, I'll leave you with a couple pictures.