So, What exactly does Homeowner's Insurance cover now?
THE GOVERNMENT HAS GOT TO PUT SOME REGULATIONS ON INSURANCE COMPANIES!!
L has informed me that our insurance agent has to meet with every client individually or they will be cancelled! Well, since the lovely Hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit,take a wild guess of what our homeowner's insurance(or no other homeowner's insurance companies in the state)will NOT cover??
Are you ready for it. . . .
We already know it doesn't cover flood, and that several Katrina victims are still waiting on checks because they homeowners' companies are saying it's water damage and the flood insurance is saying it's wind damage.
Anyway, our lovely insurance companies in Louisiana will no longer cover . . . .
WIND AND HAIL DAMAGE!!
Excuse my language, but what the F*ck do I need coverage for if they don't cover flood, wind or hail.
Here's the deal, you have to buy a separate policy for wind and hail damage. That makes THREE polocies we have to buy that SHOULD be all covered under "homeowner's insurance."
1. Flood Insurance
2. Wind and Hail Insurance, also called the FAIR plan. We all know who the FAIR plan is fair to right?
3. Homeowner's insurance
So, I guess the only thing homeowner's insurance covers now is fire and theft, however, I fear I will soon have to buy the following additional polocies if some laws are not passed QUICK:
1. fire insurance
2. Firefighter insurance(to cover the damage caused by the firefighter's hose)
3. Firefighter medical (if they are hospitalized for smoke inhalation).
4. Burgularly insurance
5. Liability insurance in case the robber gets hurt while taking your stuff.
6. Accidental death insurance, in the unfortunate case the robber has a heart attack and dies when he encounters my watch dog.
7. Accident insurance, if you cut your finger chopping vegetables.
8. Earthquake insurance, even though we have no earthquakes here.
9. Terrorist insurance, in case some psycho decides to crash a plane into your house.
Anyway, you see where I'm going. Please feel free to add any more stupid coverages you think we will soon have to pay. This will be interesting to hear!