Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Withdrawing

Princess is still breathing well and blood gases are good. They don't think she will have to be re-intubated. Praise God! I knew she'd prove that nurse wrong.

Now she has a knew problem, withdrawals, or at least that's what I think it is. The nurse today told me she gets so mad that she turns purple and her heart rate drops. They gave her something to calm her down. I heard withdrawals were bad, but didn't realize they were THAT bad.

So now I have to ask for another prayer request, that she can fight the withdrawals.

They may start feeding her tomorrow, not sure if by mouth or through nose tube. Perhaps if she is still eating and breathing well she should come home soon? Or maybe I can hold her this weekend.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    That sweet little child. If only those women knew exactly what they were putting their children through when they did drugs during pregnancy. Will pray for Princess. Maybe you can convince them of letting you hold Princess? I bet that would help her out. She's probly mad that they're keeping her away from her mommy.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Woohoo Go princess! How often are you getting to visit her?

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Just 1-2 times a week on the weekend. It's nearly a 4 hour round trip and we have to take Smiley, otherwise, I'd be there every day!

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    That may not be just drug withdrawals. The body also goes through withdrawals when it is moved from pure oxygen to room air.

    http://www.nichd.nih.gov/cochrane/askie2/askie.HTM

    That is a study on the topic and might be worth reading so you are better armed with information.

    I will keep you and Princess and Smiley and their anxious Daddy in my prayers.

    Cindi

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Cindi,

    She was not preterm or low birth weight. I wonder if it still applies?

    I think she's crying to be held and needs some serious cuddling.

     
  • At 6:47 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    My heart is going out to Princess, and I hope that she heals soon!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Very sad that she is going through withdrawal- but good that it is happening while she is in the hospital- I would not want to see that myself! very sad. :( hang in there- God is taking care of her!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home