Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Baby D

Remember Baby D?

Well, L, Smiley and I went to Katrina town yesterday to go see Princess and go shop for a crib and a few more baby items for Princess. We also had a nice dinner out and Smiley did not cry too much.

Like I said, since we were already in Katrina town visiting princess(too bad not in the same hospital), we stopped by to visit baby D. It took a little while for the nurses to look up and see that we were still on the visiting list, but they let us see him(one at a time since Smiley couldn't go in the NICU). I told the nurses we were JUST VISITING and to tell his regular nurse we stopped by JUST TO VISIT.

Me: Wow! He got big!

Nurse: Want to hold him?

Me: YES!

Nurse: I'll just let you cuddle him a little while and check on my other patient, call if you need me.

Me: Ok.

I loved on baby D for about 10-15 minutes, careful not to blister his skin, then let the nurse put him to bed, took a couple new pics for his caseworker, and kissed him goodbye.

I wish Princess were at that hospital too. The nurses are extra nice there and didn't make me feel like a bother, although I had no good reason to be there. They seemed to appreciate me giving baby D some snuggling for a little while.

Princess' nurse yesterday didn't seem as optimistic about the extubation tomorrow. She said they do it in the OR when they don't believe it would be successful. I asked what would happen next if it didn't work. She said something about the arota? blocking part of the lungs? You don't understand? Neither do I. I didn't get a good explanation except possibly another surgery? I asked if the doctor could call, but I doubt he will. I was not too happy when I left. I'm gonna have L call the caseworker and see if she can get some decent information. Until then, please pray the extubation is successful because this would really be a turning point in her recovery.

By the way, ya'll know where I'm talking about when I say Katrina town? Just trying to keep some confidentialilty.

5 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm up in the cold north (Canada) and I know where you mean by Katrina town! lol

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I'm glad you got to stop by to say Baby D. Too bad you're not as happy with Priness' care as his.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Any ideas on how I can help find baby D a home?

    We need to get a tree, but going back and forth tow the hospital, 3 hr round trip, with Smiley in tow, cranky from teething. Haven't had time to look for a tree yet. Maybe during the week.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    Please keep us posted about how it went with Princess today!

    Baby D needed some lovin'. You are too sweet.

    Yup, have a good idea where Katrina town is! :-)

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Am praying for the procedure...please Lord, bless her team of doctors and nurses - may the best of care be given Princess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home