Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dream Mommy, CPA!

I finally got my experience letter from the company's CPA firm, documenting my work experience. 2 1/2 years after passing the CPA exam, I finally have the required work experience to get my license(and I thought passing the exam was the hard part). One minor screwup as the CPA sent my letter to the board rather than giving it to me to include in my application. I called the board and they said they received the letter, it was appropriate and would hang onto it while I send the rest of the application! I sent L to the post office to overnight it. Next board meeting as at the end of January and hopefully will be finally licensed by then.

Before you ask, no, I don't do taxes. I did 2 or 3 on the side the last couple years, but I'm in industry accounting and not up to date on new tax laws. I never wrote much about my career, but I struggled just as much as my journey to become a parent. It took 2 years after I graduated to get my first real job in my field. I even had to work as a security guard until I found real work. I thought of that as a good networking experience, because I was working at a heliport for a major oil company(contracted, unfortunately), and I could let all the guys know to be on the look-out for any accounting positions. It didn't work, but I did have a guy at the company checking regularly for positions and speaking for me! Also, it gave me lots of downtime to study for the CPA exam, because I was so bored. Of course, I'd give it all up in a heartbeat to be a stay at home mom.

You see a pattern here in my life. EVERYTHING I want, I must seriously struggle to obtain.

Oh, update on L. They didn't see any foreign object in his lungs, so they believe the serious drainage he was having caused severe infection. He is instructed to stay on antibiotics.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Congrats on the CPA exp- and so glad that L doesn't have scary objects in him. Hope he heals quick!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    Congratulations on the CPA! And on the clear lung diagnosis. Now to the important question, will he actually take ALL of the medication or will he stop when he feels better? lol.

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    He will take all the medication. I have to take it out and give it too him every time or he will forget. His doctor must have known this because she gave him medication that only had to be taken every 12 hours so I would be home every time he needed more meds!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home