Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Princess' Game Plan

I finally talked to a really good nurse at the hospital, and now feel better because I know what steps they are taking and what needs to happen for her to go home. So, here's the plan:

1. Monday or Tuesaday, depending on when an ENT is availabe. They will do a controlled extubation in the OR. This is usually more successful than what they tried before.

2. If she is breathing fine, they should start feeding her again by ng? tube the next day.

3. After a couple more days, they will have occupational therapy come every 3 hours to work with oral feeding.

4. A few days after she is eating well(and hopefully stil breathing well) she will be released.

Everything depends on how the extubation goes(pray for Monday and success). She has nothing wrong with her lungs or any infections that are preventing her from breathing. She has been trying to breathe over the ventilator, which I think is good.

I don't know what or if anything will happen with the other baby. I don't know the mom. I don't think my co-worker does either, but knows the doctors well. Chances are high the baby will end up going into foster care, and if that's the case, I'll let another family have it. If she actually wants to do a private adoption, I wouldn't even know where to begin, but it would be hard to pass up a baby that would be mine almost right away.

A lot is up to L too. I simply MUST have Princess. She is non-negotiable and I'm too in love with her already so it's either going to be both babies, or just Princess. I also don't know what the medical needs of this baby will be. I know I wouldn't know if it were my own child, but Smiley needs 2-3 more operations and Princess will need one more. If the baby is fairly healthy, perhaps we could handle it. I just don't think I could handle 3 medically needy babies. Yes, I could care for all of them, but then I'd be looking at not having enough days in the month to take them to medical appointments. Also, I don't know if social services would let me have 3 in diapers, although they usually bend rules when it fits them.

I don't expect anything to come of this, but trying to have a plan in case it does.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I am so glad to hear there is a gameplan for Princess. Good luck on Monday!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home