Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Surgeries

Smiley's first(and hopefully only) cleft palette repair surgery-Jan 18.

Princess's second heart surgery will be approximately 6 months from now and learned yesterday it will require a 2-3 week hospital stay if she if breathing well. The surgery will have to be done in Katrina town since that's the only place with the surgeons avaialble. I knew it couldn't be done in the crap town we live in, but I was hoping it could be down in the city near where my parents lived. I'm gonna check around anyway, because they may be lying.

No decision about the g-tube yet. At this point I say let's do it and get her home. I just pray she won't have to be on the ventilator again. The hospital staff is impressed we already know how to g-tube feed a baby.

They haven't tried bottle feeding Princess yet because she is still breathing 60-70 times a minute compared to a normal rate of 40 times a minute. Her cardiologist says when she gets to around 60 or less, they can try bottle feeding again.

I am getting worried that Princess' release and Smiley's surgery will fall on the same weekend, especially since the hospital wants me to room in with Princess a night before we can take her home.

I did not get much rest on vacation and we did not take a vacation.

Back to work on Monday...no, I did not miss it, not one second! I loved being home with my baby, even though he was cranky and teething.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    You are one busy Mamma!

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I guess vacation wasn't the word for it, huh?

    Good luck with all the scheduling. I hope it works out that you can room in with Princess on a day that's not near Smiley's surgery.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home