Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Knocked Down Again

I didn't have the energy to write about this yesterday, but L was diagnosed with a patch of pneumonia in one of his lungs yesterday. I now have a sick baby and husband and I'm exhausted with worry. I have to bring him to the hospital tomorrow afternoon for more tests. He doesn't know how to stop and rest, so I may ask the doctor to admit him to the hospital. I told him to go to bed, but he doesn't know how to stop and relax. With all this going on, I'm busy at work too. Such fun!

Princess is doing as well as can be expected one day past surgery, but her recovery time is just starting over again. I talked to her caseworker and several relatives have contacted her showing interest in Princess. She doesn' t know if any of them will check out, or if they can meet her medical needs so there is still a lot of unknowns. I know she isn't "mine" but reality is that I may "lose" her. Right now, we are considered the foster parents until someone tells her otherwise. Of course, mom and dad want to work the case plan to get her back, but I don't think the clock stops ticking while they are in jail. Ok, being a bad foster mom!! Must support reunification, because she deserves her little girl back, even after all she put her through right?

Oh yeah, she is gonna meet us to go shopping to get her a car seat, life book supplies and clothes! It seems Princess has a good worker and that's always a plus.

I cannot worry about losing her now, just love her while I can nor could I accept another baby instead of her who was closer to being "freed for adoption." I'm just gonna jump in and pray a lot.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Sounds like a great plan- it hurts but that is what we do- love and hurt- :) I pray for her recovery!

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    Crazy how quickly things move, huh?

    Good luck. I hope things work out for Princess, and that your hubby feels better soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home