Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, October 09, 2006

I'll Never Forget Him

We received an email from baby D's nurse and the prognosis is even more grim than I mentioned before.

He will never be able to do anything for himself and never be able to recognize his caregivers. He is showing signs of severe cerebral palsy and is likely to aspirate, catch pnuemonia and die, maybe living to 6 or 7.

We know that is beyond our limits mentally to handle. L does not think he could bury a child so soon, and I don't either.

I know I can't save them all, but it's still hard to let him go, but I can only put him in God's hands, knowing he'll be in heaven soon and pain free.

I'll never forget him.

10 Comments:

  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Im sorry, having to say no, even though you know its best had to been incrediblly difficult!

     
  • At 6:59 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Hugs. I can't imagine how difficult it is to make that decision.... Smooches,
    GL

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so sorry for both you and baby D. Hopefully he won't be in a lot of pain and will be able to receive lots of love. It is sad when something like this happens.

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Hang in there- it is sad but good to know what you can and can't do.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    I'm sorry too - I had to have been so hard. Am sending hugs - hold onto N a good long time tonight and thank God for all the progress he has made. I feel for that poor little baby, and I know you both do too. You tried, and you put yourself out there in case you could do it - that's the most important thing.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's all pray that someone steps forward that can care for him. Hopefully it will work out for the nurse to get him.
    God will bring more your way...be strong in your faith!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger MamaKBear said…

    I'm sorry sweetie! I DO know how difficult a decision that was to make.

    I'll keep him in my prayers, hoping he'll find the loving home he needs.

     
  • At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so sad! You are right though you can't save every child you just have to love the ones you can.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hugs and prayers for baby D

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    I am so sorry about the decision you had to make. You need to do what's best for everyone and baby d wasn't meant to be with you.

    Take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home