Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Germs. . .

1. Smiley is still vomiting. Will call pediatrician tomorrow if it continues. Poor Smiley has been having this off and on since Friday. I fed him and let him sit a while before dressing him. Not 5 seconds after I dressed him, up comes everything. Yuck! I am beginning to worry about dehydration. He tolerates the pedialite sometimes, but eventually he will need some calories.

2. Thursday L is having the camera ran into his lungs to investigate the problem. We suspect infection and pneumonia may have been caused by a packing that somehow got into his lungs during sinus surgery. Hopefully, if this is the case, they can remove it without too much damage to his lungs.

3. I am completely exhausted, although I have been sleeping. I'm mentally stressed and exhausted. I hope all 3 of my babies get better soon.

4. They are getting ready to take Princess off the ventilator as I type now. They expect her to do fine after. Hopefully this 4th try is the last and she can start breathing, eating, and hopefully come home. Hopefully my house will be germ free by then, or at least stomach bug free.

5. Still praying hard to escape catching the stomach virus. I've washed my hands so much, they are extremely dry with small cuts all over. Not pleasant.

Please pray for my babies again. I'm sure L will be fine after Thursday but getting concerned about Smiley dehydrating. He lost a little over a pound and sleeps all the time.

Any suggestions of anything somewhat nutritious he may be able to tolerate? Keep in mind, he has no teeth(only one crooked one at the top).

4 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    Gatorade? Applesauce? That's basically what we're giving The Kid right now what with his disease and all. Man, this internet is really contagious... Give him the fluids in small amounts. Not enough to fill him up in one sitting. Then after he seems to be holding the drinks down for a while you could try some chicken soup? That always hits the spot.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Avocado is a great food for new eaters. Really packed with vitamins and fat.

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Sourpatch,

    Sorry to hear your little one is going through that too.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Weak peppermint tea with a little sugar always helps my babies when they have a stomach bug. It is often the only thing my son will keep down when his stomach is upset.

    How is everyone today?

    Any more news on Princess?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home