Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Day Care

Today I went to drop Smiley off at the sitter's house and she was not there. Well, we've been talking about putting him in day care anyway, so this morning I filled out the paperwork and dropped him off. I was lucky they had openings, not only for him, but Princess too, and I was lucky they let me leave him today. I feel like a bad mom and been worried sick about him all day. I know they are a certified day care, but I was a mess. I was put in a situation of making a quick decision or chancing losing my job. I feel better now that I heard a co-worker's sister uses them for her baby and she is very picky.

L went to check on him and lunch, and to tube feed him and he was doing fine. Maybe it will help his development being around other kids. I know he will get sick more and that's not good. I feel like I abandoned Smiley. I can't wait until 5 so I can get him back. I guess I'll get used to the idea and it will get easier. I felt the same way the first day the nurse came and I left him with her. L promised he'd pop in there a couple times a day, so I feel better. I'm gonna really be a mess when he starts school.

Oh yeah, they gave me paperwork asking if I got assistance in paying for daycare. I said I might since he's a foster child and she seemed to think so too, but we'll see what happens.

Princess's extubation should have been around noon today and I've been worried sick about her too. I've been praying so hard that it's successful and she's on her way to coming home soon. The nurse yesterday told me if I called back around 3, they should know something by then.

I'm such a mess today!!

8 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    Oh I feel for you. Leaving my babies was always the hardest thing in the world. Now they are in school, and some days I just want to keep them home. I remember when we had foster children as I was growing up and there were only two or three daycares you were allowed to use (this was 20 years ago though) and they were in the worst part of town. Mama always just stayed home and didn't risk it.

    Hopefully this daycare will be the perfect answer for you all.

    Cindi

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I was hoping this would be the event that let me be a SAHM, but still buttering up L to be in agreement.

    If it weren't for freaking health insurance....

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    Well, it does suck leaving the kiddos. I worry that he likes it better there than with me. It's after 3pm now...Updates on Princess' status! Have to know how soon the beauty is coming home!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger BigP's Heather said…

    I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    I feel for you too with the daycare challenges. On the bright side, kids who are in daycare get sick a little, but less once they enter public school! And...they do get the socialization - and in a lot of accredited daycares there are actually lessons and learning objectives and activities. We have Cookie at a Kindercare - and the director and one of the teachers there are foster-to-adopt moms.

    I sure hope you find it is either paid for completely or at least subsidized b/c he's in foster care.

    You will miss him like crazy, I know. Please don't let the guilt get you down too much - it's normal. I hate it every day - but I LOVE how cool it is to pick her up and how she grins and grins - and that the time we spend together in the evenings and on weekends is really, really good. Her workers have been God-sends. I hope you find that is true for Smiley's workers too.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Megamom said…

    Any update on princess yet?

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am in charge of the funding at our Daycare. Smiley & Princess should both qualify for free Daycare under the Federal Block Grant (GCTR or FCTR). In case there daycare isn't familiar with foster kids, they qualify as a "family of one", therefore their income is most likely under $100 a month each. You do NOT count the money you recive for caring for the children, only their allowance portion. Hope that helps.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I hope that he did well at daycare - it's good that you got a reference from a coworker, that must make you feel better.

    And it's so cool that L can drop in on him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home