Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, March 08, 2012

5 little ones

Alex and Cameron came home after 17 and 19 days in the NICU and twins are both awesome and a lot of work. We are finally getting to where we get 5-7 hour stretches of sleep at night. It seems like I just found out I was pregnant with twins and now they are almost 3 months old! Time passes so quickly.

Twins are work, but also not as bad as I thought. It's manageable, but routine is key and I will fight anyone who wants to disturb it. Some things I've learned about twins:
1. They have learned that they don't have to both cry to get mommy's attention so they take shifts.
2. Never wake a sleeping baby...unless you have twins. When one wakes for a bottle, you wake the other and feed them both or you will be getting 30 minute stretches of sleep instead of 2-3 hours.
3. They attract a lot of attention. It's fun to count how many times I hear, "you have your hands full" or "double trouble" in one outing. I smile about it now, but I have a feeling it will get annoying soon.
4. Identical twins=identical health issues(sometimes). Both boys have almost the same heart/kidney issues. Both are mild and they are expected to grow out of them, but are being monitored for now.
5. Figuring out what to eat and finding time to grocery shop is next to impossible!

I look at my boys and smile at God's sense of humor. Who would have thought I'd not only be blesed with one pregnancy, but two, and the second being twins! Amazing! God is good.

I do have to say I desperately need about an hour away from the house of "me" time. L has been doing some side work and it's been leaving me at the house alone with the kids until past bedtime around 8pm and I'm exhausted.

More to come later. Alex is pissed off about something. Will try to return with new pictures soon.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    so just a question,, you haven't mentioned Kody in a while.. where and how is that going? message me on fb if ya can cause I don't get back enough to read if you reply... enjoy those babies. they are growing fast

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Kody wanted to be emancipated so we met with an attorney and got it done. Since he had his GED,that's all we needed. He moved back to his biological family and there is MUCH less stress in our household and he found out the grass is not greener.

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    It sucks BUT,,, EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON Lisa. you did him good for the time he was there and remember he got MUCH form you in his heart!

    thanks for letting me know,,, JAYE

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Mommy of Many Littles said…

    From a mommy of 5 with twins - yes the hands full comment gets annoying years later...but its fun for a long time especially when we spent so much of our former lives wish for children. I have added your blog to my http://www.adoptive-parenting.com website so that others can celebrate your joy with you. (and be encouraged to adopt through the foster system)

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Della said…

    Saya tahu bahwa kalian pernah memiliki trauma saat ingin bermain judi poker. Dan saya mengerti bahwa sangat sulit untuk menghilangkan trauma tersebut, akan tetapi kalian harus bisa move on dan mencoba bermain poker lagi agar kalian bisa mendapatkan uang tambahan dalam kehidupan harian kalian
    asikqq
    dewaqq
    sumoqq
    interqq
    pionpoker
    bandar ceme
    hobiqq
    paito warna terlengkap
    http://199.30.55.59/interqq78/
    datahk 2019

     

Post a Comment

<< Home