Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Confession

I have a confession to make. . . I DREAD going see another RE again. I want to get pregnant, but I'm running out of hope. I get to go give $200 to a new RE for him to come with a treatment plan (which I already know what I want), and here how bad our chances are with endometriosis and sperm issues.

L and I have different plans for treatment:

He wants 3 more IUIs before considering anything else.

I want 1 IUI, then IVF, then find an adoption agency, because, you know you will get pregnant after you adopt right???

L doesn't think the first IUI will work just coming off lupron and it will be a test run. I'm not crazy about doing more IUI's for so much money and such a small chance of working. I just want a baby. I want to go a route where I actually get to take the baby home.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We chose to skip the IUIs in favor of IVF so that may make me more partial to your plan. When money is tight, I'd rather go for what has the best shot.
    I hope you can get on the same page about the plan.

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm sorry that you're not looking forward to the upcoming Dr. New Orleans appt. It is ridiculous that REs get to charge huge sums of money just to give you their "expert" opinion on something you already know.

    I like your plan better than L's, but I'm probably projecting my impatience for my own treatment onto you. I hope you two come up with a treatment plan that makes you both feel comfortable.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger petunia said…

    I just stumbled across your blog and I have been exactly where you are - even to the point of dreading going to the RE and paying MORE money. We TTC for 12 years- seriously for 5 (with the docs, meds and IUIS. 17 rounds of Clomid and I was done! Okay - IUI has a 33% chance under good circumbstances. I know you want to get on with things---believe me,. i know. But, You should try 3-4 IUIs before moving on - I've know a bunch of people that had to have 3 before it finally worked. I have also known those who only had to have one.....unfortunately, i did 4 with no sucess. IUIs are $300 each here - IVF is 10-15,000. It seems worth it to try......don't give up just yet!!! Good luck!!!

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    why not do IVY with ICSI?????

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    sorry meant to say IVF with ICSI...lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home