Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Back to Treatment Land

Well, I see Dr. New Orleans in less than two weeks. Oh yeah, I have actually heard that he got some people pregnant! Isn't that great? lol. I can't believe it's been a whole year since my last IUI or any treatment beyond clomid.

L wants a few more IUI's, but I'm ready for either IVF or to find an adoption agency and get on the waiting list. This weekend is our last free weekend. The next five Saturdays will be spent in class to get certified to foster/adopt. They are supposed to make us do a bunch of corny role-playing stuff, so that should be fun.

Update on Jack and Jill, their dad is trying to get custody of them both (and probably will). He is in the better position to take care of them but will need lots of support(not financial, but babysitting), from friends and family. He is one of L's best friends, but he had been working his fingers to the bone since he met her when she was already pg with Jack. He is the kind of person that will help you with anything you need, just to be a friend. I would like to help him get his GED when things get settled. I've already told him several times I would tutor him. There is an extremely high high-school drop out rate, because when the oil field is booming, many people quit school for decent paying jobs.

I told L to let me know when I could find an adoption agency. Infertility treatments are too uncertain. At least if we adopt, we would eventually be parents, right?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with your appointment with Dr. New Orleans. Maybe he can give you some information that will help make the treatment vs. adoption decision more clear. It's never easy though.

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Good luck with your classes!! From reading your posts we have alot in common!! We just adopted our daughter through foster to adopt, she was placed w/ us at birth!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home