Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

On the Road to Parenthood

This may just turn into an adoption blog, although I will be having my consult with Dr. New Orleans tomorrow.

We had our first class yesterday and I left hopeful, very hopeful. The social worker said they didn't really get babies in the past but now they have been getting some in. She didn't condemn us, or make us feel guilty about wanting babies or toddlers. She just gave us the following warning.

"You all want babies, and that's fine, but I'm warning you, these babies cry!" They cry, and cry and cry for hours sometimes. So, when you call me and tell me the baby won't stop crying, you were warned"

I still want a baby though. A crying baby is better than no baby. We were also told to think before accepting a placement. They would rather us turn down a placement than send the kid back. I am going to wait on a call for a kid 3 and under and just hope for the best.

Some of the stories about these children are so sad. You could tell a lot of the couples in the class couldn't have children because most(including me) got teary eyed during some of the stories.

These moms have babies, get them taken away and have more babies, thinking eventually the state won't take them away.

Well, I will have to update more later. I have homework to do, the homestudy packet to work on,work around the house,and gotta be at a meeting for church at 4:30. Will I ever get this all done.

The teacher says she'd rather have the packet filled out well than quickly, so we need to put a lot of effort into it. Wish us luck!

6 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Im so excited for you. Dont worry the lecture you got about the babies is pretty standard i think for all fostere agencies!!!! Congrats on your journey...
    Michelle
    My Chosen Childvfiwuf

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck getting all of the paperwork ready and with the appointment tomorrow. Sounds like you've got lots going on over there!!

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Indeed - good luck. We got the same talk at our classes - and we are now on our 3rd "straight from the hospital" placement - and we only got certified last August. The classes are fascinating, and some are tough - and yeah, a ton of paperwork and tough questions - oh, and homestudy!

    Good news re: the constant crying - it eventually levels off to normal amounts of crying. We had to make it through the first couple of weeks, but after that it's only when she has a really cranky day or - like this weekend - when she is under the weather.

    I'm so excited for you!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm very excited for you and your husband! Each step is bringing you that much closer to your beautiful child.

    Good luck with the homestudy packet!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger x said…

    Wow, it's moving so fast (I bet you don't think so). Is there any reason the babies cry more? I am told I cried for 2months, I think after years of TTC and fertility treatments most of us know babies cry.
    I just hope this turns into a baby blog someday, which ever way it happens.

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Best of luck to you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home