Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

God is Good

Before I get started today, please send your prayers, congrats and thoughts to Arwen! God has answered her prayers after being so faithful and she is pregnant! I've only known her about six months in blogland, but she has helped me out so much spiritually and helped me become a better Catholic. Congratulations Arwen! You will be in my prayers. I hope I didn't embarrass you.

I apologize to my other readers if pregnancy announcements make you sad, but when one of my infertile blog friends gets pregnant, I think I should celebrate. I rejoice in the fact that God heard her prayers, and it gives me faith that God is listening to ours also. It brings my tears of joy to hear that someone has made it out of the suffering we have all been through. It gives me faith. I know God did not forget about me and that He has the power to make miracles happen in our lives. And there is no greater miracle than the gift of life!!

Ok, back to fostering. I felt so at peace after my first meeting. I can almost see the child and hear the baby crying that will be in our future. I'm wondering if I'm finally somewhat grasping a part of God's plan for me. Maybe there's a baby or child who needs my love that is already alive! Maybe God wants to spare me labor pains and create a family for me in another way.

I have not stopped working since Saturday. Filling out papers, setting up physicals, which by the way, is not covered by So Young's insurance and the doctor is going to charge me $100 to fill out a health questionaire on her(although all they will have to do is copy the one from her doctor back home). L is bitching, but I think of every step as a step closer to having a child or baby in our arms. The questionaires are so personal and you really have to think, but the picture of the baby in my head makes me smile.

I pray that everything goes smoothly. I worry about the homestudy, that I say the wrong thing, that they don't agree with my beliefs. I'm afraid they will not think I will be a good parent. I feel like I'm being tested to determine if I'm worthy enough to be a parent. It should work out fine. They need homes. They can't turn down two perfectly good parents over something small right?

5 Comments:

  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    That is wonderful news about Arwen! Wow sounds like you have to go through a lot with the adopting process. I pray it all goes well for you guys and that you do get to have a baby whether you are get pregnant or end up adopting.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Pregnancy announcements from infertiles never seem to bother me. Maybe because I know they understand. Congrats to Arwen!!

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    It is ALWAYS good news when God brings a new life into the world. I'm so glad you are digging the Foster Parenting classes - we really did too. I found so much hope there. I remember praying over what responses to write to those very personal questions. I went with brutal honesty knowing God would lead the way. We had to respond to some of our answers in our home study visits, but I'm glad we took the right path. Whenever we honor God, we can't fail.

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    That's fabulous news about Arwen! It's wonderful to know that she has inspired you with her faith, and that you are able to share in this joyous occasion with her.

    It sounds like you are doing everything you need to to prepare for this homestudy, so have faith that everything will turn out just fine.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I love to hear when people have babies after they have went through infertility. Such a blessing. I think you will make a wonderful mommy! Dont worry about the homestudy. It's not really that bad if you can get past the questions they ask. And the outcome is definately worth it!! And the classes..well...at least you only have to do it once!

    Michelle
    The Chosen Child

     

Post a Comment

<< Home