Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Homestudy, Fingerprints, Scrapbooks & Cat Poop

Ok, I'll go in order of the title. Our home development worker scheduled the first part of our homestudy for March 8. I think I kind of irritated her when I scheduled a time she said she had free but another couple already had that day. When she "re-scheduled" us for another day, she talked only to L, like she was only gonna make one for him because "I wasn't available." I am extremely busy 7-10 days a month and am flexble the other times. Well, all her free time fell in my busy time. I guess I will have to try and take a really long lunch to be there.

If they need families that bad, can't they be a little flexible. I understand we will need to take time off but I didn't realize how much time we'd have to take off together. I had plan on alternating appointments with L. Now if you want to know why I couldn't be available at the time she needed. It was because I had to get my TB test read that day also. So, my time conflict was caused by them anyway. It's irritating.

Fingerprinting. I've had this done 3-4 times in the last few years. Can they call someone and get copies from another agency. No! I have to schedule an appointment to be finger-printed, which takes 30 minutes to 1 hour and is an hour and a half from my work each way! So there's another 3 hours I am gonna have to try to get away from work, during my busy time. Of course, I'm gonna try to schedule it for Friday afternoon when I'm off and see if they can read my TB test Thursday during my lunch hour. Hopefully that will work out.

Scrapbooks. I've discovered a new hobby working on our family album. I enjoy it, but it's very time consuming. I want our book to make a good impression though.

Cat Poop. It was cold last night so we let the cat in and L didn't bring in his litter box, so buddy left me a "present" under the pillow on the bed that our child will be sleeping in! L is taking it to the cleaners, but the poop had blood in it. Now L has to call the vet.

Speaking of Poop, Abbey likes to hide hers everywhere. I am thinking about selling Abbey to someone who is home more. She is staying in the extra room and I don't know where else to put her. I know a baby is gonna be a lot of work too, so don' t say I can't handle a baby just because I'm tired of cleaning dog pee and poop everywhere I step. There's a difference, the baby is human.

I know, I'm terrible. I thought a puppy would fill the hole for a baby while I was waiting. Stupid, stupid me.

That's about the extent of my weekend except the parade, which we waited for 2 1/2 hours for a 20 minute parade. Such fun!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    THe scrapbook sounds fun...red tape is not so fun :)

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Do you all get to keep the family scrapbook you put together? We didn't get to keep ours, so we didn't put as much effort into it. Also - we asked who would see it, and come to find out - it's almost no one! Ugh. Oh, and we didn't have to get a TB test - while it is inconvenient, I can see why they'd require it. But yeah, making time for both people to be there for home visits is crazy! I sooo know what you mean.

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger x said…

    hmmmm, finger prints eh? You just let me know that adoption won't be an option for me. Better hope IVF works!
    Sorry about the poop. Puppies are very hard to deal with. I bought paper towels in bulk for months.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I volunteer for an animal rescue and have found that petfinder.org is a great resource for people who want to find a rescue that can help them adopt out their pet. You might want to try that for your puppy. They even have pure-breed rescues. Just a thought to help you relieve at least one stressor...

    Nat the Infertilurker

     

Post a Comment

<< Home