Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Which way do I go?

L and I have a lot on our plates now with infertility options. The question is, which option should we choose? When do we start? How long do we pursue one option before moving on to the next one? Of course these are all issues we will have to decide for ourselves, although comments are always welcome.

Here are the options that we currently BOTH agree to:

1. Continue infertility treatments
2. Adopt from the state.

And what do I REALLY want to do?

F*ck fertility treatments, find an adoption agency, save the money, and get on the list and wait (and wait and wait and wait) for a baby.

My Fears with adopting from the state (warning, some are selfish fears):

-they will convince me to take on more than I can handle, thus it will be harder to adopt an infant later.

-We will take home an extremely troubled child and L will say, "no more kids"

-we will take in a child, then miss the opportunity if an infant becomes available because we won't have space.

-I have a gut feeling the state is going to have strange procedures dealing with an exchange student living in my house, they already mentioned sending her on a physical. We sent her physical from before she came here and I hope that is enough.

-I'm afraid the animals are going to cause a problem since two of them are inside and one is not potty trained.

-I REALLY REALLY want an infant, at least one.


  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Those are certainly justified fears. I appreciate your honesty and candor when discussing your options.


Post a Comment

<< Home