Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

So, What exactly does Homeowner's Insurance cover now?

As a special treat to my many democrat blog friends, I'm gonna act like one today.

THE GOVERNMENT HAS GOT TO PUT SOME REGULATIONS ON INSURANCE COMPANIES!!

L has informed me that our insurance agent has to meet with every client individually or they will be cancelled! Well, since the lovely Hurricanes Katrina and Rita hit,take a wild guess of what our homeowner's insurance(or no other homeowner's insurance companies in the state)will NOT cover??

Are you ready for it. . . .

We already know it doesn't cover flood, and that several Katrina victims are still waiting on checks because they homeowners' companies are saying it's water damage and the flood insurance is saying it's wind damage.

Anyway, our lovely insurance companies in Louisiana will no longer cover . . . .


WIND AND HAIL DAMAGE!!

Excuse my language, but what the F*ck do I need coverage for if they don't cover flood, wind or hail.

Here's the deal, you have to buy a separate policy for wind and hail damage. That makes THREE polocies we have to buy that SHOULD be all covered under "homeowner's insurance."
1. Flood Insurance
2. Wind and Hail Insurance, also called the FAIR plan. We all know who the FAIR plan is fair to right?
3. Homeowner's insurance



So, I guess the only thing homeowner's insurance covers now is fire and theft, however, I fear I will soon have to buy the following additional polocies if some laws are not passed QUICK:

1. fire insurance
2. Firefighter insurance(to cover the damage caused by the firefighter's hose)
3. Firefighter medical (if they are hospitalized for smoke inhalation).
4. Burgularly insurance
5. Liability insurance in case the robber gets hurt while taking your stuff.
6. Accidental death insurance, in the unfortunate case the robber has a heart attack and dies when he encounters my watch dog.
7. Accident insurance, if you cut your finger chopping vegetables.
8. Earthquake insurance, even though we have no earthquakes here.
9. Terrorist insurance, in case some psycho decides to crash a plane into your house.

Anyway, you see where I'm going. Please feel free to add any more stupid coverages you think we will soon have to pay. This will be interesting to hear!

7 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Love your post... I sure hope the insurance company doesn't get a hold of it they may get some new ideas!!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    So frustrating! We just bought a new car and went to our insurance agent just to get the new car covered, and somehow walked out with a brand new homeowner's policy that was littered with fine print. It boggles the mind!

     
  • At 5:10 AM, Blogger Family Ties said…

    THAT TOTALLY SUCKS! I really can't stand insurance companies

     
  • At 7:46 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Sucks is the right word indeed. Yeah - we had to buy additional "earthquake" insurance when we bought our home. Ugh. An then we learned the difference between "insurance" and "replacement value insurance" - like which one will really enable you to rebuild if your house is burned to the ground as opposed to giving you the "adjusted value of the home". Oooooh, it really burned my biscuit.

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess that explains why the insurance companies are so profitable.
    How frustrating, maddening and grossly unfair.
    You know, you'd make a great democrat ;)

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger x said…

    I'm in insurace, you have no idea the wacky crap that is real.
    How about:
    tombstone insurance
    tv antena insurance
    your dog peeing on your carpet (it's covered where I work)
    That's all I can think of for now.
    I work on the data side of insurance, so don't worry, I'm not a sales man type and I hate insurance companies as much as the next guy.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    my house had a small fire that i put out. I am suffering from smoke inhalation and low oxygen levels, as an owner and policy holder my medical expenses are not covered, however if i would have been an acquaintance it would....WTF?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home