Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ok, Just Curious

Let's imagine we're all going to get pregnant...If you could have just one baby in your whole life, what would you want? A boy or a girl? I know everyone just wants a happy, healthy baby, but pretend you can choose. What do you pick? Why? Let's do this just for fun (kinda like imagining how you're going spend the lottery money when you win it).

I'll go first. I want twins (boy and girl), but that's cheating. If I could only pick one, I'd take a girl. I want to be able to dress it in pretty dresses and bows, and L will have it so spoiled. L and I are already fighting over girls' names, but we agree on a boy's name, funny huh? Of course, I would be thrilled with any healthy baby, of course. God will probably humor me and give me a bad ass little boy! That's ok though. I'm sure God will use him for another trial of patience later.

My parents wanted boys, and thought both me and my sister were boys during pregnancy. They wanted boys to be future LSU football players, lol. When they had girls, they thought, ok, they can be LSU cheerleaders, and I was, sort of, I played in the LSU marching band!

7 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We both want a girl but I think my hubby has no idea what he would be in for raising a girl. :)

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I have *ALWAYS* wanted a little girl....I just feel more comfortable with little girls; to dress them up and do their hair....Talk to her about all kinds of girly things.....I just dont think I would know what to do with a boy!!!!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    I originally wanted a boy because my family only consists of me and my sister and I always wanted a little brother. But hubby has always dreamed of a girl (coincidentally, for the same reason as me since he grew up in a family of boys and always wanted a sis), and he's been swaying me over to the XX side.

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Ok, I'll play! I always wanted a girl for pretty much the same reasons - now that we have our foster-daughter, I realize how much my husband now needs a little boy too. Sure, he can do all the things he's dying to do with a little girl, but it just isn't the same. He's into sports - in a huge way - and wants to teach a kid to shoot hoops, catch, hit, throw...(sigh). As for now, he lifts the baby girl into the air and narrates as he says she is going for her "dunk" - then he makes the noise like the crowd cheering. So...I'm gonna pick a boy because I really couldn't care less - but seeing him with a little boy would be so much fun. Ahhhh - what a dilemma!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's funny... in the past I always wanted a girl... but now... after all the horrors of infertility??? I REALLY don't care... I mean REALLY... at ALL. In fact... now I would feel guilty if I had the slightest preference. As though... somehow... a preference would make me less worthy of being a mother. It's silly... I know.

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger x said…

    twins - I want to cheat too.
    If not - a little boy. I have always wanted mommy's "little boy" (plus I had two little brothers so I guess that's what I am used to)

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know what - I've never had a preference. Maybe I was a little nervous at the thought of having a boy given I'm a bit prissy. But I think I'd be okay with J at my side.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home