Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

I Called Them

Bubbles' new foster dad. I don't think it made me feel much better except knowing she is safe. She is walking all over the place, eating like a pig and off the bottle!

They told them caseplan was reunification and they were both expected to be returned home in May. Foster dad asked about the parents. I had him tell me what he knew first, then filled in the gaps. I asked them to please keep fighting for her. I explained that mom was in a bad situation and didn't have a lot of options, but dad was not too good a guy. If mom would leave him, really leave him, I'd support her in getting her kids back, but I don't think the kids should have to live with a guy who beats their mom.

They don't care for Bubbles' name either and nickname her too.

I just pray she is not returned to an unsafe home, that dad gets serious help before they go back...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Amanda said…

    I am glad you reached out - I think it's definitely good for Bubbles' new foster parents to find out more about her.

    I hope you can stay in touch.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger mommiebear2 said…

    I know it is still hard not having her with you, but at least you can check in on her. Will they allow you to see her??

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    I know that was hard... hang in there and prayers will keep going ...

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    I am sure your call shows them how very deeply you care for Bubbles. Not many foster parents would do that after being as mistreated by the caseworker as you were! How much longer are they giving her parents to get their life together before reunification plans end?

    You have a big heart and have made a huge difference in the lives of many foster children. I know you are hurting so very badly right now, but remember what a blessing you were to each child for so many days! ((hugs))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home