Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

It Can Get Worse

My principal had a meeting with me yesterday.

Principal: "I'm gonna relieve you from this 4th grade group and let you take over library for the rest of the year."

Me: Uhhh...what about next year?

Principal: We'll see what positions are available next year. This is a tough group of kids and she(the librian) is more experienced. You're having a hard time managing this group.

Me: So, when will I know if my contract is being renewed or not?

Principal: You should know by April.

How strange...in my evaluation, she wrote that discipline was improving. There is so much I cannot do to discipline them. I cannot deduct from their grades for talking during a test(cheating). I cannot give them a low F, I must curve to the highest F. I cannot drop a certain kid's conduct grade because he's "depressed" and his mom is letting him get away with murder for it!

What will I do? Continue working toward my teaching certificate and try to get a job in a public school(and a very big raise).

In other news, a formal complaint was made about Bubbles' caseworker by her attorney and action must be taken since she lied on the stand. Now that I have no chance of adopting her, I will still say I don't support reunification with these parents at the time.

Our 13 year old, K, moves in tomorrow.


Of all things that's been going wrong, I've been praising God for my job I love so much, and now it is in jeopardy too.

Will I ever catch a break?

6 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    I'm so sorry everything seems to be piling on especially at this time of year. I can understand the "can't I ever get a break" aspect. Keep your chin up and do your best.

    Is there any chance that you might be Bubbles back since the sw lied on the stand???

     
  • At 5:19 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    I am so sorry. I am praying for you.

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Spinner said…

    Oh, how I remember how hard that first year of teaching is! Especially when you get a difficult class and there are so few remedies available to you for managing them. Hang on! Perhaps a different grade level? Made a world of difference for me!

    My sympathies for the position you find yourself in professionally.

     
  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Queen of the House said…

    I'm so sorry. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    It doesn't look like Bubbles is coming back. The caseplan also changed and both babies would get 3 visits a week(due to sw's lies about her parents and hinding their criminal records). I would spend all week attempting to get Bubbles healthy after a visit. With 3 visits a week, I'd never get them healthy. Plus, I couldn't expose Smiley to this constantly as he still has a few surgeries left. With everyone being against us, it's a matter of time before we get accused of something(and have noone to speak for us) and lose Smiley too. I just can't risk it although I technically could have fought to get them both.

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am sad for you- this sure has been a really rough time- I hope things work out with work- and I would keep working on the certificate- it would be worth it in the long run. Praying for you !!! Hugs!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home