Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas

On one hand, I know I should feel blessed, because this is my first Christmas as a legal mommy to Smiley.

Still, I miss both of my girls. One in heaven, and one moved to another home because of lies told to the judge by the caseworker. Earlier this week that very same caseworker calls us to take another 5 year old girl. The nerve! Gonna lie about us and rip our foster daughter away from the people who were acting as parents to her to put her in a foster home who would do as they wanted.

I want another baby girl, but I refuse to take another placement with our parish. Bubbles' attorney had asked us if we would consider taking the sister of the little boy that was killed by his father (see post titled "A Child Dies"). She said it would be temporary. What the hell?? A parent can kill one child and the caseplan is still gonna be reunification? That is just insane! I said no way I'm working with a judge that stupid. Of course, not in those exact words.

Why don't I quit all this craziness? I want another. I have two boys, and would like a girl now, or at least one more baby.

Sometimes I think about Princess. If she were still alive, she'd be almost adopted and we could close our homes and end all this madness.

I guess we'll be on this roller coaster at least 2 more years.

On the bright side, I am so enjoying my time off with Smiley. It's like a mini-maternity leave I never had.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I was thinking about your princess the other day and checked to see if you had written anything- I am sure you miss her- little cutie in the reindeer antlers! :) I am sure it is still hard. Prayers for you! I totally understand your frusteration- it is so hard to deal with the system but they have us by the hair. Hang in there.

     
  • At 11:37 AM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    I sometimes go to Princess' page just to look at her darling little angel face, especially the one with the reindeer antlers. She truly has made a gorgeously, beautiful angel.

    I can't blame you for not wanting to work with a local system that seems to be so very flawed. I am sure you will know when your perfect match daughter is available. I do get such a heavy heart about Bubbles having to be in the care of someone she doesn't know and love like you and DH.

    You are in my prayers and I am SOOOOOOOO happy that Smiley had his first Christmas with the right last name.

    Cindi

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Blogger KrazyMom said…

    I can't imagine how hard Christmas must have been for you emotionally with having lost two precious little girls!

    When a call regarding a new placement is received that just feels right, you will know. Until then enjoy your special time home with Smiley! I pray you have a great new year that is filled with many new blessings! You deserve it!

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    Praying for your heart. I am sure you are enjoying your two boys. I cannot imagine how hard it is to not have your girls home with you.

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    How are things with K?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home