Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Another Son

Well, we are in the process of accepting an adoptive placement of a 13 year old boy. We first visited him on Halloween, and he's been spending the Thanksgiving week with us. He needs some training, but I think with some work, he will be a fit with our family.

Yesterday I laid down 3 rules that were non-negiotiable if he wanted to stay here:

1. Do not get arrested.

2. Do not get kicked out of school.

3. Do not hurt our other babies, animals, or us.

Of course there will be more, but if those are broken, he cannot stay. I told him as I went over this that I know he's probably not gonna do this but telling him anyway.

He's getting used to the babies, as much as a boy can with babies. He has picked up some bad habits from the group home he's living in, but he lives in a really bad area with about 8 other boys that are around 17!

Just a quick update. More to come later.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Yondalla said…

    Oh, I do love to hear about the teenage boys finding homes!

    My non-negotiables are:
    Everyone knows where everyone is.
    Everyone respects everyone and their property.
    Everyone contributes.
    Everyone does their job. (For kids that is school).

    It isn't that people can sometimes break these rules, but they have to accept that they are the rules.

    I also tell the kids that respecting people means not doing things to make them afraid you will hurt them.

    I will be following along anxiously...like I said, I'm a fan of the teen boy.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Queen of the House said…

    Wow, I'm so glad you're doing this for that boy. You're much braver than I. Good luck, I hope and pray that it will all work out and he'll be a nice compliment to your family.

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger DrSpouse said…

    Like Kristen said - you are brave! Good luck

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    Congratulations!!! What a blessing for your family to continue to grow.

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Oh WOW!!! Big news! Prayers for all involved.

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Blogger TeamWinks said…

    Never a dull moment in your camp! That's exciting news!

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Very cool! and I love Yondella's rules- that is greatness.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Congrats - You are a brave woman. I'm dealing with a 7 yr old and 5 yr old and that's trying enough for me.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    oh I am thinking of you .... hang in there...

     
  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger Happy Mama to Three said…

    I was just checking in to see if there was any update on the prospect of a "big brother" joining the crew. Any new word?

    Cindi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home