Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm in Love

It was a rough, yet exciting weekend. All 3 of us were sick, so we are all seriously lacking in sleep.

You know you're in love when your sleep time is cut in half, you're sick, exhausted, but praise God when the baby is screaming in the middle of the night. I'm tired, for sure, but when I pick up baby N and his little head cuddles right on my shoulder, I could hold him all night like that. Sleepless nights for baby N is cuddle time for mommy.

Oh Yeah, quick update on the shower...it sucked. The bachelorette party, it sucked. I only stayed an hour because my fever was back Saturday. The bride and I have kinda gone our separate ways and don' t really have the same interests anymore. She barely acknowledged baby N, or maybe I was being defensive. The shower guests ooed and awwed over my mom's yorkie, but didn't even notice baby N. Not that he should have been the center of attention, but apparantly the bride's friends like dogs more than babies. Enough about that. It's over. I'm ready for the wedding to be over.

I LOVE my exersaucer!! It's a lifesaver. I put baby N in there and can actually get other things done. He loves to watch TV in it.

I also received an unusual money gift this weekend. My mom was discussing their house getting robbed with one of our former school teachers, and she gave my sister and I each $100, to replace any of our stuff that may have gotten taken. I will be using it for baby N for sure.

I got a bouncy seat baby N slept in pretty good last night. Hopefully, he will sleep good in there until we can find a better sleeping arrangement.

Baby N's nurse showed up today, and on time. I like nurse C. Very nice. I was getting ready to feed him and she took him and said she'd take care of it. I showed her around, kissed him goodbye, and went off to work.

I HATED leaving him. Almost teary eyed on the way to work. I'm still begging L to let me stay home with him, basically promising to give up whatever I have to to stay home. The most likely thing that will happen is that he will be a stay at home dad. I want to be the one home with him, but it doesn't matter as long as one of his parents are home.

I'll update more later. I know this is a poorly written post, but I'm barely awake now. Have a good week everyone!

4 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am sorry you were sick all weekend that is NO fun! But glad for the cuddle time! Baby N is just breaking you in! :)

    It is funny how we break away from our friends as children come in the picture. Even those who encouraged us to have/get children seem to distance themselves. It is just a fact of life I guess. No worries, you will have plenty of mommy and me friends before long.

    I hope you feel up to par soon! All of you!!

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    I juust got back online and saw your last couple of postings. CONGRATULATIONS!. This is awsome news. Baby N is going to have a great life with a mom like you. Anyone that prefers a dog over your child definitely needs to be scratched from your address book. Can't they see that your baby is the cutest, smartest, cuddliest, etc., etc.? And yes, he should have been the center of attention, he is a BABY. And he is YOURS. My pastor has a saying that I've come to adopt "anyone that loves my children has won over my heart" I don't think that anything else should be said. Gotta go..

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I didn't get no "congrats" or "I'm happy for you" or "go to hell" or anything from her. Her mom just asked a lot of questions about fixing his mouth.

    The reason it hurt so much is because her family was like my second family for such a long time.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    From one working mom to another - I know how you feel. I miss Cookie every day, but it makes coming home that much sweeter. Home is a happier place, filled with so much love - and work is now so worth it - because it allows me to give her the kind of life she deserves. I'm not a worn-out mom to her, and the time we spend together is so much better because of day care. So, it really is a blessing for us a lot of the time. So glad the bridezilla crap is almost over!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home