Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, June 02, 2006

It's Official!

L went and picked up baby N this morning, along with all his baggage. It was a sad goodbye for foster mom and her daughter. I feel bad for them, but she's adopted her 8 children already. They offered to babysit. I accept! We will definately keep in contact.

Wow! Our own little bundle of joy and bundle of responsibility! It's sometimes weird raising someone else's baby. It's like I worry extra more. If something happens, I have to tell his mom, then there's the possibility of being investigated. I'm even having So Young "babysit" the nurse to make sure she doesn't mistreat baby N or nap all day. It's sad, but you just can't trust people until they can prove themselves trustworthy.

I went to the doctor this morning. After coughing so much I was gagging and throwing up, I called to see if she had an opening. Lucky me, the receptionist told me to come right over. Got some good meds L is picking up for me, so hopefully we will both feel better soon. With a cold that hasn't gotten better in almost a week, I wanted to make sure it wasn't bronchitis.

Baby N is feeling bad too. He went to the doctor and he said it was just a cold, and thank goodness it's not pnemonia. He just came off of antibiotics a couple weeks ago, so poor thing will have to suffer it out.

I can't believe it! My first placement! I hope I get to keep him!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger x said…

    Congratulations. I am sure you and L will be so happy with baby N.
    I hope you are better soon though, no time to be sick now!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Hopeful Mother said…

    CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    What a wonderful day - you shall remember this one for the rest of your life. My assvice is to take it all in and enjoy being a MOMMY. You ARE his mommy now (granted, another mommy) - but you are IT. There is no more important job in the universe. How blessed we all are. Congratulations, hun - enjoy your baby boy.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    Congrats on bringing baby N home! How wonderful!!

    Take care and I hope you are feeling better soon.

     
  • At 3:16 AM, Blogger Nique said…

    Lisa

    This is wonderful news! Enjoy being a mummy to baby N!

     
  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Oh the joy! Oh the stress!! Hoping your weekend goes okay with all the changes. I think it tough when you get a placement, it is so exciting, but such a let down when you are tired, frustrated, and it always takes a while to adjust. Good luck! It isn't all good feelings, there are some hard times coming too, allow yourself to have ALL the feelings that come with this.

     
  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Yay, how exciting for you!!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, here anyway, a foster home study is not the same as an adoptive home study, so off for another round of questions and being under the microscope! :) Have fun with baby N!!!

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow If I didn't know better I would think you cought your cold from me!!! I am just getting over pnemonia!!! Well Congrats I am mega happy for you!!!!!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Such wonderful news! Congratulations!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Congratulations, dear Lisa!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home