Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Baby/Adoption Shower

It's finally my turn. I was mentioning all the baby stuff I needed to my mom and she asked if I'd like a baby shower. I said yes, of course. She was gonna wait until the adoption was finalized, but I need baby stuff NOW. She's gonna call my aunts and grandmas and set it up for a couple of weeks! Here's the deal though: if I do a shower now, I won't have another if/when I get pregnant. I told her I'm fine with that. I may never get pregnant, but I will get another baby placement(possibly a newborn) sometime in the future. It's sad, but they have been pulling babies like crazy. They drug test the moms at the hospital and if they test positive, they place the baby into foster care.

Anyway, I think I'll probably cry at the shower, at the termination hearing(whichever decision is made), and the most at the adoption. The shower will be a good time for everyone to meet baby N and kiss on his fat little cheeks!

It's nice to get to have something so special, a baby shower, like normal fertile people get to have. Adoption really can help heal infertility. The pain is almost gone. Parenting is what is important to me. There's still gonna be the fear of losing him, but we have a very good chance of adopting him. His mom is going before the same judge with a 3rd child in the system, so he will not be happy to see her again.

Keep baby N in your prayers.

10 Comments:

  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is very exciting! Your friends can always throw you another one if your mom isn't up to it- no worries. There is always time to celebrate children!!!! I have a friend here who wanted to do that for me but then she was dragging her heels so I told her to forget it for now- maybe on the next placement. I have enough for Sugar Bean- we will see what happens next. I am glad to hear the healing process is continuing!!

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger x said…

    You are all in my prayers.

    Screw the one shower. Hello - infertile girls go through a heck of alot more than anybody else (time, money, pain). I say that we should get a shower per baby!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Hooray! I bet you'll get a second shower from your friends at church, etc. You can never celebrate enough!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I have no problem with the one shower thing, and I'd rather have it now. I am just happy to get one, considering I didn't get pregnant.

    Jenny,

    When we were considering IVF, L said when(if) the baby was born, he was gonna charge $5 to hold it because it would be our investment!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm so glad to hear that you will finally get the baby shower you've always wanted! It'll give everyone a chance to meet and fall in love with the beautiful baby N!

     
  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    we are a shining example of "if you want a newborn - a newborn is what you'll get" - Cookie was our 3rd straight from the hospital (wrist band still attached!) And you CAN survive infant drug exposure.

     
  • At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Who says you can only have one baby shower your whole life?? Bag that, and have as many as you want. Just gotta find yourself some good friends. How exciting. Enjoy it!

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    Who says you can only have one baby shower your whole life?? Bag that, and have as many as you want. Just gotta find yourself some good friends. How exciting. Enjoy it!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been reading your blog for some time now & am so thriled that it looks like baby N will be yours. We are considering adopting through the foster care system too. You've given me a bit of an idea what to expect. You have my continued prayers for God to work his will.
    -Carolyn M.

     
  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Carolyn,

    I'm still a newbie at fostering, but check out my links under foster/adopting for some blogs who have been doing it longer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home