Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sick

I have a really bad cold, cough, and fever. Been feeling yuck the last couple days, but dragged my ass to work anyway.

I now worry about baby N coming tomorrow. How do I keep him from getting sick?

Less than 4 hours to go, then I get to go home and sleep.

The smoke is absolutely KILLING ME!! Why does my office allow smoking indoors? Why do all my co-workers light cigarettes one after another, all day long, especially when they can obviously hear me hacking up a lung?

I've been working here over a year. I have never tried cigarettes, yet I have to suffer. The smoke smell is in my clothes so bad, that I smell it after my clothes are washed. I have sniffles and cough just about everyday. I stink. My clothes stink. My office stinks (thank God I can close my door).

Is it too much to ask for fresh indoor air at the office? I guess since it's a private company, whatever the owner says, goes. Hope I don't get lung cancer.

It is the smoke that has made me seriously consider quitting for the sake of my health. I'm tired of being sick all the time.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Hope you are feeling better soon. Ick the smoking office doesn't sound like fun, we are pretty much smoke free in a public places here now.

    Take care

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    That is awful!!

    I can't believe they allow that, in the year 2006!

    At the very least, there should be a "smoking room," so that others don't have to suffer.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Keeping The Faith said…

    Thank God California doesn't allow smoking in public places. I wouldn't be able to stand it. That's horrible. Second hand smoke is just as deadly. I'm sorry your sick. Take lots of zinc and vitamin C. I also take something called "airborne" that always seems to help. It's a over the counter tablet that you disolve in water. Contains herbs and vitamins. Congrats on finally getting Baby N tomorrow. Enjoy!!! I'll be praying he doesn't catch your cold.

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that sucks!!! I thought smoking was pretty much outlawed these days!!! Are other non smokers there that feel the same way? Dink lots of OJ

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    hope you feel better soon. btw, there's an article i found recently regarding second hand smoke in children, very horrible how it affects children. its http://www.babycenter.com/news/?id=532657&scid=momsbaby:20060522:2793:18173:8079#story
    they dont realize that its the smoke that makes the most damage. get an air purifier and a humidifier for your office. we bought those for the woobie (he had RSV) and it made the world of difference. we let it running all day long in his room and kept the door closed, we could smell and feel the difference in the air. gonna get me one for me too...

     
  • At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I'm so sorry you're feelng sick. I can't imagine having to deal with secondhand smoke when you're feeling so poorly. I hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 3:13 AM, Blogger Nique said…

    Wow I can't believe they allow that in the USA, they aren't allowed to do that in Australia so I was really suprised to read this.

    You shouldn't have to put up with the smoking. Thats sucks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home