Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, May 29, 2006

First Gray Hair

Well, baby N scared the shit out of me Sunday night for the first, and probably not the last time. About an hour after feeding him, he threw up everything. He got it all out and I didn't have to suction him, but I was shaking the rest of the night.

I called foster mom to see when I should try feeding him again since he seemed to have lost all I fed him. She said to wait until he's screaming to eat. He wasn't sick, it's just tricky with the feeding tube because he can't just reject food when he's not hungry like a bottle.

I got a nasty little cold again, yuck! I think baby N is getting one too, but since he recently got off antibiotics, poor little thing has to suffer.

This baby can sleep. I tried to wake him up, so I sat him up on the couch and he crashed back out to sleep.

I won't go into too much more details, but the whole weekend revolved around baby N (as usual). I tried to post yesterday but baby N was not about to share me with the computer.

Anyway, I dressed him all cutesy to go see his mom this morning, which she should be visiting him this very moment. I wonder if she showed up?

My family adored baby N. My grandma and a couple aunts stopped by my mom's house to give him snuggles. That was a break because my mom took care of him all day and I got a little rest.

I didn't get a chance to go to babies r' us like I wanted. Maybe next weekend.

It's amazing the things you loved before but gladly sacrifice for your baby, sleep being the biggest one. Even when he wakes me up a hell of a lot earlier than I'd like, I just pick him up, give him kisses, and praise God that I have him (and pray deeply that I get to keep him).

7 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Little tiny voice: " You will be consumed, resistance is futile!" I figured that was what was going on, when I kept checking and NOTHING was on! Baww haa haaa! Join the ranks of the sleepless but happy mommies. What an intro. Prepare to feel like you will never be allowed to blog, potty, eat or anything else until the kid is older, like college! LOL

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    jo hit it on the money. just when you think that he is getting on a good sleep pattern, BAM! he changes things on you. s'okay though, sleep lost is cuddles earned (or so i keep telling myself to keep me sane). and yes, i have gone potty with the kid staring at me, and taken showers and just about anything that you can think of that requires you to be alone.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Do what you gotta do to get in those potty breaks! :) This time of "no time" will actually be over quickly, so in a way, enjoy it. Soon enough they will want their "independence". "I can do it by myself." I hear it often and long for days of old! :)

     
  • At 7:56 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Glad you got to spend more time with Baby N, hope he comes home to stay very soon.

    Take care

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Scary! I am glad you had the foster mom to call- Sugar Bean is a big sleeper some days too- I hear that means she is growing! :) This morning she slept through her first bottle, diaper change and breathing treatment- :) Never even opened her eyes. HA! I wish I didn't have to! I so hear you on the no sleep thing- but you will get use to it in a couple weeks- I think pregnancy must train you for it -so says my pregnant friend who can't sleep anymore because she is too uncomfortable- but we instant moms have to learn on the fly! I am glad you had your mom to help! Enjoy!!

     
  • At 8:10 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Potty breaks- what is that? I just take her with me on my lap!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lisa --

    I just discovered your blog last night (via Tertia) and read through all the archives. The similarities in our stories are absolutely uncanny - I am 28 and we've been TTC #1 for 2 1/2 years. After a laparotomy to remove a cyst, and several failed cycles on Clomid, we're in the process of becoming foster-to-adopt parents now. Our first homestudy visit is June 15.

    Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I hope things go smoothly for the remainder of Baby N's placement with you. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home