Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Now That's a Birthday Present

Here's the official news on baby N:

He moves into our home permanently on June 2! The only reason it will be that long is cause the nurse(s) can't start until June 5. My 27th Birthday is June 8. Our 3 year anniversary is June 15.

Before everyone gets disappointed, we are picking him up again Friday for the long 3 day holiday weekend. We are taking him to the baby store in Baton Rouge for supplies. How exciting it's gonna be baby shopping for an actual baby. I may register while I'm there too.

Baby N gets to meet Nanna, Papa, and Aunt Jeanne this weekend! He will get lots of hugs kisses and cuddles.

In other good news, L passed the postal service exam and there are openings in our area (and he knows the postmaster well). God may be letting things fall into place to be a stay at home mommy! I sure hope so. Of course, I may not get to blog as often since I blog mostly at work before work and at lunch, but I'll try and slip in posts at naptime.

That's about all that's happening with me.

It's probably not proper to post this, but since GLouise asked, here is the link to my registry:

Baby Registry

I posted this as sort of a shopping list only! Please don't go and spend money. Everyone's support here has been more than any gift money could buy, besides, I'd rather everyone spend the money on yourselves to get pregnant. I mainly created it to show L to get an idea of the type of stuff we need that we do not have yet. I will add to it this weekend when we visit a more civilized town that has a babies r us.

What I would like to ask, if ya'll are not feeling too bad today, is to review the list, and tell me what I am missing. Like I said, this is like a shopping list to us and I don't want to forget something important. Diapers, formula and wipes are not on there, but I know I need them.

So if you have time, and it won't upset you (and you are absolutely sure it won't upset you), review my list, and tell me in my comments something like "hey, dumbass, you forgot..." Ok, maybe not like that but you get the idea.

Do not go snooping at baby stuff if you recently had a crappy cycle. I know it's tempting, like peeing on a stick, but stay away if you are feeling sad.

14 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Yay!! What a birthday present *indeed*!

    Will you send us a link to your registry??

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That IS exciting news!! What a month can do!! Go GOD!!! That hammock thing fostermommy suggestd looked really cool- I hope you find what you need for the short term till the shower!

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    How exciting! Congrats! June 2nd will be here before you know it!

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    That time will fly and soon it will be long forgotten and you dive head first into being a full time mommy!!! How exciting!!!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    Lucky you!!! how can the other months even come close to the joy of June? they must be so jealous...am here peeing in excitement about the move in date!! btw, am soo soo jealous of you, stay at home mommie and all. kiss him loads for us internets.

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    glouise,

    Send me an email and I'll try to figure out how to link it: lhotard79@yahoo.com
    It probably won't be complete until Saturday afternoon when I can go to the actual store in baton rouge.

    sourpatch,

    I don't definately get to be a stay at home mom, but am in the process of begging L to let me stay home. I'm praying hard that it will work out. It's what I always wanted to do.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    HOORAY!!! Sooo happy for you! What a terrific bday present!

     
  • At 3:18 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I can't imagine a better birthday present! Everything really seems to be falling into place...I am so happy for you!

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What AWESOME news!!!!.... And I hope things work out for you to be a SAHM!!! You'd love it!

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    June 2 - my hubby's birthday! That IS a great day indeed!! hehehehe
    Oh hun, I am just so flippin excited for you. Yes - definately register - we want to baby shop too!!

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger x said…

    That is amazing, June 2nd is only a week away. Great news!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Hi hun - some things we use all the time: A&D Ointment (better than Desitin if you ask us - and smells better), baby gas drops (Equate brand works just as good), infant Tylenol (ditto on Equate brands). Cookie liked her mobile a lot, but has now lost interest. Oh, also - they make these disposable changing pads that are folded up to stick in your diaper bag - lifesaver! Those changing tables in public restrooms kinda scare me, so those and a mini-can of Lysol are great - also hand sanitizer for diaper bag. Um - get a really good baby thermometer that you can just zap on their forehead - saves a lot of crying. Huggies makes a yummy smelling mango baby wash too. I'll email ya if I think of more. :)

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Having never done this before myself, of course, but most of my friends live and die by their baby monitors!

    Yellowgirl

     
  • At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have been thinking of you this weekend...hope you are having a wonderful time with Baby N.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home