Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Baby Book

Tomorrow is the day! I can't believe it! After all the red tape, he is ours tomorrow! We sign papers tomorrow saying that we're responsible for him and all that good stuff. Now we just love him as much as we can and pray to keep him.

I started this blog to serve as a baby book. Since conceiving didn't come easily to me, I wanted to document my journey to become a mommy. Most baby books start when the baby is born, but thanks to blogging, mine will start from the time my baby was wanted. I want my baby to know he was loved long before I met him.

I think I will start writing letters to baby N soon. I had intended to do that with the start of my blog, but I couldn't get past the pain to write. I want to document all his milestones, all the crap I went through to get him, and how many people loved and cared for him so much in his first months of life, his mommy, foster mommy, social worker, and us.

I'm not sure I want to turn this into a parenting blog, because I do not yet feel like I have crossed over to the other side. I still long to get pregnant, although the pain has eased tremendously. I still fear losing baby N. The best thing to do is step up and be his mommy. I'm just gonna love him to pieces and pray he will be my forever son.

8 Comments:

  • At 6:49 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    Your journey has only begun- and it is GREAT that you have all this documentation about it! Baby N will soooo know how much he is loved and how many people have been praying for him all this time! What a gift that will be for him someday when he can read!! We all do love you and pray for you often Baby N!!! I am sooo excited to hear all the wonderful things God is going to do in your life! He definately has big plans for you- you cutie!

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Hooray!

    Praying that you will be a forever family soon!

     
  • At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! Congratulations. I'm so happy for you.

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Blogger x said…

    Congratulations! I can't wait until they tell you he is yours forever, I can't only imagine all the love you will give him.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Yey!!! Good luck and enjoy

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger sourpatchbaby said…

    yay! yippeee!! hooray and hopefully you'll be a forever mommy sooner than you can say antropotitectonico del sonido.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Congratulations! After so much waiting, hoping, and praying, your beautiful baby will finally be coming home! I can't tell you how happy and excited I am for you!

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah!!! I am so excited for you. We'll pray with you that TPR happens soon So that baby N will be yours "for keeps". Although you may want to return him when he hits his teens. :-)
    -Carolyn M.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home