Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Friday

I need prayers that nothing happens before then.

10:00 am - meet and visit with baby N. Ask foster mom LOTS of questions. If we feel comfortable, WE GET TO TAKE HIM HOME FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

I told L we ARE taking him home, so tell foster mom to have him a bag packed.

I am in debt and gratitude to my co-workers, especially one whose half day off got postponed thanks to me.

I owe them one...Or maybe it's finally my turn from all the previous times I covered for everyone. Regardless, I am EXTREMELY greatful and she could take full advantage of me for the next couple days, because I'd do anything to help her (especially since it wasn't her choice, my boss pulled rank).

I feel bad, pretty bad, but not as bad as I would have felt if I had to wait another week to see baby N.

I feel so selfish, but so grateful that everyone pulled together so that I could be off Friday.

Now, must make trip to Wally World. Will need formula, diapers, etc. Foster mom is supposed to email me pictures of baby N, though I'm not sure if she will. If she does, I'm gonna ask her which formula he takes.

I'm so excited.

I'm so terrified about another delay.

Please send the prayers, it's gonna be a long week for me.

7 Comments:

  • At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Lisa!!!!!!!!! That is awesome! Here's hoping Friday gets here quickly! Yellowgirl

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am so excited for you!!! It will be so much fun!!! You WILL take him with you no question- I can't wait to hear all about it- get the camera charged up- lots of pics will be taken- lots of laughs- lots of tears! So much excitement!!!! No sleep because you will just sit and look at him all night long- and wait to hear him wimper- :) I am praying!!!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    HURRAY!!!! Ok, no more punking out foster mom - do you hear me?? You are NOT allowed to call and claim you are sick! :) Oh, hun, this is such great news. I am breathing a sigh of relief for you, and gearing up to pray more on Friday. BTW - if it turns out he is on Nestle Good Start - I just so happen to have some extra cans of powdered. Let me know if you need any and I will be glad to send some your way.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    Work - You don't owe them, I am glad you got time off you so deserve it.

    I hope your week doesn't go by to slowly!!

    Take care and enjoy your shopping trip how exciting!!!

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Hooray!!! I can't wait to hear more!

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    You have absolutely NO reason to feel selfish for taking Friday off...you're meeting your beautiful baby N, after all!

    I'm just so excited for you! I'll be hoping and praying that there are no more delays!

     
  • At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh, oooh! So excited! Have a wonderful time with him!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home