Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, April 17, 2006

You're Calling in a Presciption for What???

BIRTH CONTROL!!!

You have got to be kidding me!

I called Dr. Houston's office in the hopes of getting advice from a doctor with a brain asking why the f*ck my period hasn't started being 2 weeks off the prometrium.

The nurse said she was calling in a low dose BCP. I told her I am trying to get pregnant, and we were just not ready to do treatments yet(at least L isn't). She puts me on hold, talks to Dr. Houston again, and explains that I need to take them for a month or two so I can start getting normal cycles again. Since I actually trust this doctor(really, I do), I reluctantly agreed, giving her the number to my pharmacy while screaming in my head, "I DON'T WANNA TAKE FUCKING BIRTH CONTROL!"

It reminds of of when I was a kid and crying at the doctor's office, "I don' t want a shot."

Funny how I was so afraid of needles then, but would gladly give myself shots for the chance of becoming a mommy.

I really don't know what is worse: spending $3,000 on an injectible IUI cycle with no period and hoping it works, or going on BCP knowing for sure you WON'T get pregnant this month.

I was already feeling shitty about the lack of progress with baby N, now this. Was fighting back tears all day at work just feeling so hopeless.

On the bright side, BCP are covered on my insurance, Yippie!!

I guess I will take his advice and get on the pill, but I will pee on a stick first tomorrow morning dammit!

Did a pee stick...BFN! It was one of those digital ones, so I pulled it apart afterward and saw a dark line and another very faint line(I think). I assume it's a BFN because you're not supposed to visually read a digital one right?

9 Comments:

  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger x said…

    pee sticks, hate those things. I am sorry you have to do the pill, it does feel counter-productive.

     
  • At 5:57 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Oh how upsetting is all must be. I'm really, really sorry. It's so hard to know how things that are happening in there here-and-now are a part of God's larger plan. All of these events look like setbacks, but maybe it's just God getting your ducks in a row for you. Of course, once the plan is revealed, you will look back and go "oooooh, THAT'S what that was all about". But for now, it SUCKS big time, and I hate it for/with you. I know what it feels like, and it hurts like no other hurt. Still praying...

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    I am glad you trust your doctor- that is the only way I am sure you can take the pill. It does sound crazy but I guess that is why he is the doctor. God is doing some crazy things right now!! Hang in there!!!! Praying for you!!!

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    I just came across your blog. I wanted to wish you luck on your cycle. BCP's, yes they do sound counter productive don't they.

    Take care

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    It's so frustrating to take bcps when all you want to do is get pregnant. Thankfully, you have a doctor who is competent and that you can trust.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Yeah, I have a competent doctor, but he's out of state! The bad thing is he graduated from med school in Louisiana but moved to Houston.

    I tried to talk him into moving back in my post-op check up. No luck.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    What did you say abt a faint line on the HPT???

    I don't know anything abt the digital tests... Might want to check it further ;-)

     
  • At 4:32 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I may be wrong, but I think I have heard that one is extra fertile right after stopping a pill because of all of the excess hormones. I get your frustration. It becomes so fricken hard to hear your own voice after a while. Some things that are counter-intuitive are the most correct, while other things are terrible for you and you should trust your instincts. It is so hard to know what is the right thing. I pray that you get the wisdom you need.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Ahhh...if I had only read a little further in your archives. I see your doctor recommended the same thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home