Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Visit Cancelled

I heard my cell phone buzzing and I just knew it was L calling with bad news.

Foster mom's son called social worker and said she had a stomach virus. Social worker thinks she's just sick because she doesn't want to let him go.

Social worker promises we will get him for a weekend visit next weekend if she has to pick him up herself.

Then again, we were supposed to get him this weekend, last weekend and the weekend before!

She said since they are having a TPR hearing in the next week or so, he will have to be visiting or else the judge is gonna get pissed if they are going for TPR but do not have him in an adoptive resourse home.

I've been waiting to meet baby N for almost a month now! If foster mom can't adopt him(and she can't), it's time for social worker to pull rank already.

I didn't cry, yet, I guess I'm just getting immune to bad news.

11 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Oh grrr! You have my sympathy! That kind of game playing can make you nuts and it is NOT fair to baby N. Sorry about it, I remember well the feeling, like everyone else in charge of your "kid" and you have no say at all... very helpless.

     
  • At 12:43 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Grrrr. You do get immune to getting bad news in this world of foster-to-adopt, but unlike the world of inferility, you can trust that at some point soon your child will be right there with you. I guess I prefer this type of disappointment a lot better than I did the other...but it still SUCKS! I'm so sorry it keeps getting delayed, I really am.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What Jo said...the feeling that things are happening to your kid that you have NO say in...is not fun! I hope you get to see Baby N SOON.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    This is beyond frustrating! If the foster mom truly cares about N, I don't understand why she wouldn't want to do something that's in his best interest.

    I'm so sorry that you have to deal with all this. The delays are awful, but you WILL see baby N soon, I just know it.

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    I am so sorry. You must be so irritated. I pray that the foster mom realizes soon that she is not doing the baby favors and putting his needs first. I pray that you'll have the patience to put up with this

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger soralis said…

    I am so sorry. That is maddening! Poor baby N and poor you.

    Take care and I hope they get their sh*t together soon and you get to visit with Baby N

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    Lisa I am sorry that they are stuffing you around. I know everytime I read about the delays I find myself feeling frustrated for you and L so I can only imagine how it makes you feel. Praying that it gets all sorted quick smart!

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    I know he's not technically my son yet, but I feel like the state took my kid and won't let me see him.

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    Prayers coming your way. Thanks for sharing your story.

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    So sorry to hear about the delay!!! Prayers and best wishes you can see N "soon."

    On a different topic, once you are able to adopt "N," will you be keeping his name or changing it? Or if you keep his first name, do you think you'll change the middle one? Would love to hear your thoughts and ideas!

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    GLouise,

    They don't let you change the first name unless the speling of it is really bad, then you can change the spelling.

    He will take our last name and I think they will let us change his middle name. They said it's not fair to the kids to change their first names.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home