Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Feeling Better

My mom made baby N a beautiful Easter basket. It has lots of baby stuff and clothes in it. We didn't want to dig into it yet because we want to take a picture with baby N with it. We did peek at the card.

Baby N,

Happy Easter. We are so happy that you will be joining our family.

Love,

Nanna, Pa Pa, Aunt J and Uncle C

My mother has completely redeemed herself from all the "just relax" and "have patience" advice. Very nice card.


The crawfish boil was nice. I congratulated my fertile cousin on her baby and enjoyed playing with it, even got to feed him.

I told everyone about the possible adoption of baby N and his special needs. I really got a lot of positive feedback about it. I told them about his mouth, feeding tube and how no one wanted him because he needed extra attention for now. I said, "Baby N needs a home too" They agreed and are very excited to meet him. I really feel like he will be accepted and loved and left with a great feeling.

My aunt is going through her old baby stuff and handing them down to me. I told her I was buying my own crib and stroller/carseat(which we purchased today), but would be grateful for any other hand me downs I could use. My aunt has the high chair, swing, bouncy seats, clothes, etc.

I have a deep dark secret, and I don't know if it's proper.....


I REALLY would like a baby shower. Just because I am unable to get pregnant, I still need baby stuff, and I don't have 9 months to purchase it like fertile people do.

I know there will be some risk of baby N going home to Mommy, but I feel like he will be freed for adoption. All the happiness from everyone has been great, but still scared inside since I haven't met him and he hasn't been placed in our home yet. I am prepared to take the risk and pray for God to make him my son.

One more cool thing happened today, my aunt gave us her swimming pool!! It's one of those 30' round above ground pools. We have to go back to my grandma's tomorrow and finish taking it down.

Do you think I'm setting myself up for disappointment buying all this baby stuff now? I just try to remind myself that if the red tape keeps me from getting baby N then I will get a baby someday, somehow, by pregnancy or adoption.

Still no period. I will have been off prometrium 2 weeks Monday. The nurse said it can take prometrium 2 weeks to bring a period. I've never had a period later than 2 days after prometrium. Has anyone taken the 3 month dose lupron shot for endo? I took it 11/15, had a period Dec 1, then nothing since then. I mean, if that only meant I were pregnant it wouldn't be bad(no I didn't pee on a stick). Anyone have any idea when this will be out of my system?

6 Comments:

  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Maya said…

    What a nice family. I am glad that they are so supportive. Hopefully he will be home with you soon

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Nique said…

    Lisa that does sound nice what your mum did for baby N. It is great that your family is being so supportive of you adopting baby N. Still praying for you guys.

     
  • At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You sound so excited and happy...that's great...happy Easter!

     
  • At 8:16 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Hi!! I felt the same way with regards to the baby shower. Only thing was my live about 1600 miles from ALL of our family so that kind of made it less tempting for me. My mom actually brought up the issue of a baby shower. I am REALLY superstitious so I told her i didnt want to jinx myself...silly i know..So another suggestion would be maybe having it after the TPR or adoption...I know it sucks waiting but it is nice to get the bigger toys when they are older!! You'll ALWAYS need things for them regardless of who old the baby gets to be when you have the party!!!
    Michelle
    My Chosen Child

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    I'm with Michelle! You need a baby shower, and if I lived closer I'd throw of helluva party for ya. My friends are planning one for me and (we hope) Sugar Cookie for after the finalization. We just don't want to jinx anything - and we will cerainly need things then too - like toys for a 1 yr. old and 1-yr. old clothes.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Amy said…

    My period didn't return after the Lupron, so I took one round of BCP to get everything back on schedule before we started IUIs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home