Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bad Day Already

Woke up to stormy weather.

Drive to work, can't hardly see anything. Raining REALLY hard.

Get to work, L calls:

Me: Hello

L: It's about time you answered your phone, been trying to call you all morning.

Me: I couldn't hear my phone. The rain was so loud, I could barely hear my radio.

L: Well, my battery was dead. I tried to chase you out the driveway, but you were too worried about the golden arches (I get breakfast at Mickey D's before work)

Me: (now fuming) I was not worried about the golden arches, I was worried about getting to work before the rain got too bad, which I didn't do anyway.

L: Well, gonna miss my appointment...

Me: F*ck, I completely forgot about it this morning. I forgot to set the clock earlier in case something like this happened.

Oh, got pics of baby N cause social worker wanted us to see them so we wouldn't be in shock when we met him. His poor lip looks pretty bad, but I'm admiring his photos. He's gonna be our son one day.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:47 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Sorry the day started off so badly!

    (Are you guys a one-car family? I didn't understand why it was your fault that husband missed the test...Is there chance he can do it next month?)

    I hate mornings like that!!!

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    We have two cars. I just kept thinking, if only I were paying attention we he tried to flag me down as I was leaving or if I would have heard my cell phone.

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Sorry about your husbands test, hope he can reschedule.

    Poor baby N, he would be in a good place with you as you have so much love for a little one.

    Take care

     

Post a Comment

<< Home