Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Survived Meeting

Well, we didn't get into any children talk during the meeting. That's the good news. The bad news. I'm speaking again Sunday. It should be a short talk, but I'm just not ready for it and can't get into it like the last two. Please pray for me that I can come up with the right words.

I told everyone in our small group that we were adopting. L is private and wasn't crazy about the idea, but the community has to know. I mean, I can't just show up with a baby out of the blue. Besides, I need prayers. I'm taking a leap of faith doing this and hoping to end up with a baby.

Still battling the cold and fever off and on. It's closing time at work, so just gotta suck it up.

Two more MAPP classes to go!

Seeing Dr. New Orleans in less than two weeks and then I should start cycling. Wow! It's been a long time.

9 Comments:

  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Glad there wasn't any "baby talk."

    What are you going to be talking about on Sunday? Sounds cool!

    Congrats for sharing the adoption news....

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So glad there was no baby talk at the meeting. I hope the group is able to be supportive of you and L.
    Hope you're feeling better soon1

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger x said…

    I am glad that the group didn't go as bad as it could have.
    It's so exciting - double the chances, a cycle and adoption. You'll have a baby before we know it.

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    I'm trying to "double my chances" too - going back to the pee-sticks for a while anyway. I figure all I loose is the money I spend on the dumb pee-sticks.

    And ditto on the happy-dance that there wasn't any sappy baby-talk. Whew!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    glouise,

    I am going to being talking about how you should actively participate in mass. It's kinda dry, so I have to try and be creative.

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Congratulations on telling your group about the adoption. It's such exciting news, so I would find it hard to keep a secret.

    Good luck on your talk! I know you'll do a fabulous job.

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Family Ties said…

    Yeah I'm glad there wasn't baby talk either. I say you know what....if women can talk about baby poop and leaking boobies...we can talk about IVF, adoption and anything else we'd like! Especially in the church! I am glad you had the courage to be honest! :)

    *Hug*

    You are in my prayers!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    The adoption process sounds like it is going well, I pray continues to go well.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Congrats on telling your group about fostering to adopt!!! Its hard sometimes taking the leap to make it "public". I know we debated awhile how and when we were going to do it....It is so nice to have extra support though outside of the family network!!! Only 2 more MAPP classes!!! It really does go by quick! Keep us updated!!

    Michelle
    My Chosen Child

     

Post a Comment

<< Home