Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Evening of Torture Approaching

Do you think you could handle this scenerio?

Thursday night I have a group meeting for lifeteen. The youth pastor in our group just had his 2nd baby less than two weeks ago.

I know there's gonna be the usual "congrats" and "oh how cute and sweet the baby is."

This will most likely be followed by how "cute and sweet" everyone else's children are, and maybe a little parenting advice and laughing at his lack of sleep.

And the scariest part. . .What if he decides to hold the meeting at his house?? That would be torture!! I love holding and cuddling babies as much as anyone else, but feeling on the fragile side the last couple weeks as I have people deciding whether or not I will be a suitable parent.

I feel a breakdown coming on Thursday evening. Should I skip?

Help me!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger soralis said…

    Hello there,

    I am a big fan of 'skipping it'. Why torture yourself if you really don't have to. Good luck.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger x said…

    skip it. I missed the last 2 weeks of church, our pastor just had a baby and I can't handle it right now. I am sure god understands.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    You don't need the added emotional strain, so I'd suggest that you skip it, unless you feel differently come Thursday.

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    FWIW - My vote would be on "skip it". I don't do baby showers - even for women in my Sunday small group class. I even had to quit going to that class when our leader had her 7th - YES - SEVENTH - child. And it was an "ooops, I guess natural family planning doesn't work so well after a certain age". Ugh. Then 2 other women in the class announced they were pg. Double ugh. I stopped going - God understands.

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger seattlegal said…

    I also say skip. It was a hard decision for me to not go to a baby shower recently, but I think it ended up being the right decision. I don't think I could have handled it. Like others have said, I think God will understand if you didn't go.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger GLouise said…

    Just wait and see how you feel on Thursday.
    :-)
    For some reason, seeing new babies don't sadden me as much as pregnant mommies- not sure why!

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    Lisa just see how your feel on Thursday and if you still feel like skipping it, then skip it. You need to take care of yourself and think about how things will affect you.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Family Ties said…

    DO whatever YOU have to do to feel comfortable. *hug*

    I just pulled back from babies today until....I don't know...um??? Forever?? lol :)

     
  • At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you don't think you can handle it by all means skip the meeting. It wouldn't be the end of the world. I find it really difficult to deal with all the new baby fuss right now too. Be good to yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home