Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

One Step Closer

Well, finished the first homestudy visit! What a relief! The only thing we have to buy to be in compliance is a carbon monoxide detecter.

I stayed home all day yesterday with a fever(which I probably caught at the doctor's office getting my physical). The visit took about 3 hours, mostly because L talks a lot. So Young's sore throat was worse yesterday and she couldn't talk when she woke up. She was able to talk by afternoon, which was good since she was going on a trip this weekend with her agency.

Anyway our home development worker mostly wanted to know what type of child we wanted (age sex etc) and what our motivation was. She also told us not to settle because it may cause us to resent the kid if we got an older kid and wanted a baby. She said our chances were better if we took two. I didn't think we had the room for two, but she said they could share a room temporarily until So Young leaves.

Also, she said no more exchange students after she leaves. They made an exception, but after she leaves, we can't have another until we adopted all the kids we want.

Anyway, I feel like I'm getting somewhere now. I will probably attend the meeting tonight since I'm in better spirits today.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Congrats on successfully completing your first homestudy visit! So glad to hear that you're feeling better today!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    Hurray for #1 homestudy down!! I know how tiring it is - but soooo worth it. We said we would take 2 kids at a time, but only one of our placements has been siblings - the others were newborns straight from the hospital (and we said we'd take up to age 2).

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on making it through the first homestudy. I'm glad it went well.
    I hope you're feeling better today and the fever is long gone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home