Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Grandparents

L was pretty sick last night, so his parents came to check on them. I showed my MIL my scrapbook and she read the label Maw-maw and Paw-paw next to her picture:

MIL: Maw-Maw and paw-paw? Is that what they are going to call us?

Me: I guess, is that what you want to be called?

MIL: I was thinking Me-me or Nana. . .

Me: Ok, I can change the label, which do you want to be called?

MIL: Me-me.

Me: Ok, how's that spelled Me-me or Mi-mi? (I call my mother for her opinion on spelling). . .Mom, how do you spell Me-me?

Mom: Me-me. . .why?

Me: L's mom wants her grandchildren to call her Me-me. I put Maw-maw and Paw-Paw for your and daddy's picture.

Mom: Oh, I kinda wanted to be called Nana?

Me: Nana?? I kinda figured you'd use Maw maw and paw-paw like everyone else in South Louisiana. Ok, I'll change your label too.

Me: (to MIL & FIL) What does Mr. L want to be called?

FIL: Grandpa!!

I guess I should have called and asked everyone what they wanted to be called.

Jeanne, do you have any objections to being called "Aunt Jeanne?"

Oh boy!

6 Comments:

  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger No Longer In Crisis said…

    OK, I'm emailing my mother right now to ask her!!

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    That is too funny...We had the exact same conversation with our parents when baby s came along. Everyone had their own little name they wanted to be called!!!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger x said…

    my goodness, too many options! It makes it easier that my in-laws are portugese. It's "Mine and Pie" (they way it sounds, not spelled) for Grandma and Grandpa.
    I think we will call my dad "pop-pop", I just watched "The Weather Man" and I loved the pop-pop character.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Nique said…

    It can be confusing so that I thought I would share what all ours are called! My Mil is called Gramma, my FIL Grampa, my Dad is Pop and my mum is Nanna and my aunty is Nanny (because she is like a mum to me, I am closer to her then my real mother, so thats why) and then there is my own grandma and even though the other kids call he nan, nan, Jack is going to call her Mia as that is what I call her. So it can get pretty confusing here at times lol

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Your family sounds so adorable! Hope L is feeling better!

     
  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Family Ties said…

    ROTFL...

    Well at least the good news I will be in S. LA in June :)

    My mother is quite the speller and quite the get on my nerver about little stuff too lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home