Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mommy?? (No, I'm not pg)

I finished my scrapbook(except for a few finishing touches) last night with the help of my creative exchange student. She helped me do a couple of pages, but she really helped me with the captions. I told her what to write, and she would come up with a pretty little sign and arrows pointing to the pictures. It was a fun project to work on together, and I think she is excited about the possibility of having a host brother or sister, especially if it's a baby.

While labeling the pictures, for our parents, I put Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw, and Aunt for my sister. What do we call ourselves? When labeling the car's, I put "Lisa's car." Do a dare put "Mommy and Daddy" on a caption on the first page of our book with L and my picture? I can't seem to make myself write "mommy and daddy" in the catpion. I don't know if it's because I feel it would be disrespecting their "birthparents" or if it would be too painful to write "mommy" next to my picture since I am not one. What do you think? I guess I could ask them Saturday.

So Young and I had our physicals yesterday. They were doing my TB test yesterday and moving that needle all around in my arm, ouch! When I was checking out I felt faint(I faint easily when I'm nervous or sick). I had to lie down a few minutes and it got better.

I did get a good laugh at the doctor's office as So Young was answering health questions about her family. When asked about diabetes, she said her grandfather had it. The nurse asked her if he took shots, to which she responded, "he's in the hospital." I'm thinking, great, they're gonna think her family's really sick. The nurse asks if he's in a nursing home and she basically told them he was in and out of the hospital. The nurse asked if he was really sick, to which So Young, replied, "No, he just likes sugar!" I nearly peed in my pants. I see where she gets her sugar cravings from.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Family Ties said…

    I love scrapbooking, but I am so lazy I start and never finish :)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Congrats on starting your scrap book!! I love working on ours. When I first started Baby S' scrapbook I was also unsure on how to "label" us in the photos. I didnt want to jinx myself, but as our situation with her unfolded I got a little more bold about it. If you dont feel comfortable putting "mommy" quite yet, Im sure you can always go back later and change it...I cant wait to hear how the whole process is going for you guys!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home