Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, March 13, 2006

So, how long will the wait be?

This is what the youth minister at church asked me yesterday. How do I answer that? To say "hopefully soon" is rather selfish, because I hope no baby or kid ever has to go into foster care again. Of course I know this is not a reality. I told him there was no way of knowing, but hopefully for the kids' sake, none of them will have to be taken from their parents.

I am not hoping some drughead will get her baby taken away. I am hoping that if a baby is taken into care, that I will get the opportunity to adopt it. Our home development worker informed us that most of these women have babies to get welfare checks, so when the state takes them, they lose their money, so they get pregnant again. It is very sad.

Why can't those women be infertile? It's not fair! Our home development worker said that we were now in the system but to check with her before accepting any placements since we are not yet certified. She said the case workers will get desperate and probably call before were certified.

One more class to go. One or two more visits, then waiting on the phone call. . .

4 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We are waiting right along with you *hug*

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Blogger x said…

    Sounds like this is moving along pretty fast.
    Best of luck:)

     
  • At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Things are moving right along. I can understand why it's hard to want a placement soon knowing the sad and harsh reality of why those children need placements in the first place. But since they do, I hope you get a placement soon.

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    It's terribly sad that these children are in need of foster care, but so wonderful that there are people like you and your husband who are anxious to give them a loving home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home