Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Receptionist Duty Again

DAMN, I absolutely HATE answering the phones, but I got the privilege to again run the switchboard at work today. I'm so exited!! On the bright side, I'd rather be answering the phone than throwing up like the receptionist is. The thing that irritates me is that they never mentioned in the job interview I would be answering phones, or I probably would have hit the road running. Then all of a sudden it all started. First, it was, learn the phones so that if no-one else is here, you can fill in for 5 minutes or so. Not long later, they fired a receptionist and I got two joyous days on the phone with about an hour of training! I am not the receptionist. I am not the back up receptionist either, but I still get screwed into answering the phone more and more often. I get the complaining they they have work that is important. Mine is not important?? I guess it's ok for them to stick me on the phone for 2 or 3 days and have a nice pile of work to tend to when I'm done and be WAY behind. The sole purpose of stressing out through college was to avoid EVER having to do that job. Security work was better than this.

Ok, I'm over my rant. Ten minutes til I go back to the phone. By the way, not only did I get stuck with more phone time, I also got other new duties as well. I don't mind being a team-player but when I'm behind and need help everyone's like "screw you." Oh well, maybe I will get promoted first. Something good should come of it right? I did get some work done for church and got to play some computer games, but I'm an ACCOUNTANT, not a RECEPTIONIST. I did accouting so I could be in my own office with paperwork and noone bothering me.

Anyway, I finally got L's stubborn butt to go to the doctor today. He's been having a bad cold. I hope they can do something for him.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Lisa, Hope your hubby is feeling ok and hope he gets well soon. Sorry that you are having to do rep work when you are an accountant, that would suck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home