Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Good Ol' Monday

Don't you just hate the beginning of the work week? I do, especially following the Sunday night insomnia, so you start the week off already tired. That sucks.

Well, yesterday was my teenage religious education class I help with. The night went pretty well and I didn't have as much sadness about being childless as I did earlier in the year. The youth minister in charge is expecting a baby in a few months. I'm glad they are blessed with fertility, but it's going to be hard seeing a new baby that is not mine again. I also saw my cousin's baby shower invitation at my mom's house. They got married a year after us and now get to have kids and she is a bit older than me. I guess I was just lucky to not get an invitation(although I am invited). She lives in Austin anyway, so no 8 hour drive for a baby shower even if I were a fertile-mertile.

I went to try on bridesmaid dresses for a friend's wedding and was pleasantly surprised to see an old friend from the LSU marching band that also played clarinet. She is in the wedding also! Just a few weeks ago while looking through pictures, I came across one of her and wondered what she was up to. I sure miss my old friends in the Baton Rouge area. I live in a small town and know a lot of people but haven't made any life-long friends since I moved down here with L.

L is about to start helping a contractor do work for FEMA(it's about time for their help). This is going to be a good opportunity while he's waiting on the background check from the airline and the grass business starts to slow down. There is lots of work down here if you're a man, but if you're a woman, it takes forever to find a decent job.

Thursday I go see the doctor for my follow-up. He's from Louisiana, graduated from LSU, so why can't he move back here so I can see him regularly?? Come on, I know the education system sucks, we have crooked politicians, and a governor that don't know what the hell she's doing, but what about the good cajun food? That should be enough to entice him to come home right? Speaking of the governor, people in New Orleans were suffering and after the president gave her 3 options to take care of the problem, she needed 24 hours to make up her mind!! We could have had a genius running our state, but of course the people of this state won't elect someone with a brain.

Ok, enough Louisiana politics. Please pray I get pregnant this cycle and don't have to do Lupron treatment. I'll be writing more about fertilituy after my appointment on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home