Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Childless, not inferior

A co-worker wanted me to answer phones at work for the receptionist today because she had to leave for a couple hours. I was EXTREMELY busy with lots of work to finish before surgery on Thursday. Anyway, I asked her when the receptionist was coming back. She replied, "I don't know, she's gotta take care of her kid." Ouch, that one hurt. I know she doesn't know the pain I felt from that remark since she has a child also but ouch!

Anyway, it seems that since I am "blessed" not to be "burdened" with children, I have to fill in all the time and noone considers the work I have to get done. Don't get me wrong, I'm a team player, but I don't want to be the one all the work gets dumped on because I don't have the extra burden of children.

Infertility is not a burden?? I'm not supposed to be stressed out, tired, and overworked seeking fertililty treatments and surgery trying to figure out why I can't be normal like them and have children? Oh wait, I'm lucky because I get to sleep in and do whatever I want right?

To top it off L's urologist left a message for him to call him back about his blood test results. Please God, don't his other kidney be having problems too. I don't think I could deal with infertility and him losing his last kidney. Maybe he checked other things like cholesterol, maybe that's high. Anything but the kidney, please. I will continue to wait anxiously for L to call and let me know what to Doc said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home