Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Fertiltity Insurance Coverage in Louisiana?

The other day, I was excited to read that 15 states, including Louisiana were mandating fertility coverage. The problem is that I can't find any information about the extent of coverage. Also, I wonder if I will get screwed out of it under the cop out of "pre-existing condition?" I have always had a group plan and never let it lapse, so I shouldn't be subject to pre-existing conditions right? Or is it different when new legislation is enacted? I wonder how I would go about applying for this new coverage without giving advance notice to the insurance company. I guess I can't get excited until I find out more facts. That would take a tremendous amount of stress off of us if it were finally covered. If I decide to do drugs, treatment is covered but if I want children, I guess that's just too bad. Why does insurance and the government always reward you for doing wrong? You can smoke 3 packs a day and still have lung cancer treatment covered. I did NOTHING to contribute to my infertility and I'm just supposed to live with it right?

2 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am just starting to read your blog and saw this post. Did you ever find out anything more about this? I am here in Louisiana seeing a RE at our own expense...

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Natalie,

    I didn't find out anymore info. Please send me an email. I'd like to know who you are seeing and find out if he's any good.

    lhotard79 (at) yahoo (dot) com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home