Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Everyone has a photographic memory..

but some of us don't have any film.

Neither did my camera for:
- J's last visit with his siblings(official visit, of course we will still keep in contact.
- My 30th B-day party yesterday(though I'm officially 30 tomorrow) which was a Tw*light theme (I felt like a kid again! It was great), so I can't show you any pictures of my cake. I really hope someone else took a picture of the cake.

Boy, do I feel stupid.

And to think I felt smart using the old fashioned film camera so I didn't get the blur of the kids moving that I get from my digital camera. I got sick of taking tons of pictures and most being blurred. I tested to see if there was film by taking a picture and watching the numbers advance. Apparantly, it does this without film and it's been so long since using a regular camera, I forgot.

I wish I could say that was the only time I "took pictures" without the film, but I would be lying. Guess the brain goes at 30(ok, you're right, I have these moments reguraly). At least I'm gonna turn 30. My dad was 29 for ten years.

Anyway,the party was great. It was supposed to be a surprise party, but I was suspecting something when my husband kept talking about ignoring all the cars in my mom's driveway because of a tupperware party, but I was excited because it meant I was going to see great friends and lots of family I haven't seen in a while. The turnout was great. Runergirl (Tipped Uterus) another blogger, and my roomate from college was there who I haven't seen in months. Lots of babies and toddlers to adore and give kisses to.

In other news, I had a job interview Thursday with a company that owns a lot of local franchises. It's a controller position, so not teacher related, but would be employment without taking work home. Also, my possible future boss is a CPA, so I would work there a year and I could finally get licensed. They will pay for my license, continuing education, pay me to go to CE,travel expenses for CE, and professional organization dues like A*CPA! The interview lasted over an hour with detailed info about the job. I should know something within a week.

I'm kinda excited, but a bit upset I'll be cheated out of my summer break I worked so hard for. At least we have a short vacation coming up next month.

Oh yeah, K's adoption will be finalized June 25!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    o welcome to MY WORLD!!!!!! old is great!!!!! good luck on the job,,, and congrads on the adoption.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Maddie's Mom said…

    Good luck with the job. Enjoy your time off. You've earned it. Congrats on the adoption!

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger SD said…

    You will get a super job-it will be the right one for you in the end I have no doubt! Whether it's Teaching or Accounting both are good professions. A CPA can be very lucrative which may be a trade off for the missed summer break from Teaching. Eitherway, I am sure you'll do great! So happy for the adoption soon!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home