Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

You Could Always Adopt. . .

Adopted 3 boys out of foster care, then got pregnant for my beautiful daughter, now currently pregnant again with twins.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rice

I was feeing J last night(who is now freed for adoption, btw) and Smiley was pulling on my arm like he wanted some. It was rice and gravy from a gumbo. I figured I'd stick it in his mouth and he would gag as usual. To my surprise he swallowed it(no gagging)and wanted more! He ate about 15-20 baby spoon sized bites of rice! I hope this continues. Just think of the calories I could get into him if he eats rice and gravy more often.

Such small things to give me joy!

10 Comments:

  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger happyadoptingmom said…

    Praise the Lord!!!

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger StarfishMom said…

    Way to go Smiley!!!! Good job!

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger MommyNay said…

    awesome! Are yall adopting J?

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Maddie's Mom said…

    Wonderful! Southern food to rescue!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said…

    WOHOOO GO SMILEY!!!!!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Spoke too soon. Tried again yesterday and he wouldn't eat it. I'm gonna keep at it though.

     
  • At 4:46 AM, Blogger Mom2*2gr8kids said…

    Does Smiley ever use the little net bags that you can put food in?
    I don't know what they are called. They have a net bag and a handle. My son uses these. We can put food in them that he normally can't swallow and he can chew on it and get the flavor and quite a bit mushes through. Great for him!

     
  • At 6:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    YEAH SMILEY! THAT'S WONDERFUL!!!

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger SD said…

    Oh that's so good that smiley has developed a healthy appetite it sounds like! Ya adopting J???

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Yeah, we're adopting J.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home